The Making Cents team implements USAID’s YouthPower Learning Task Order (www.youthpower.org) designed to conduct research, evaluate innovative programs, disseminate information and strengthen/expand the evidence base for cross-sectoral and sector-specific approaches in positive youth development. This task order is under the larger Youth Power: Evidence & Evaluation IDIQ, which is a multiple award IDIQ. YouthPower Learning supports USAID’s investment in positive youth development research and evaluation within and across multiple sectors, including health, education, economic opportunity, peace and security, democracy, human rights and governance and strives to evaluate the impact of cross-sectoral youth programming.
As the YouthPower Learning Communications and Media Manager you will:
- Focus on communications to support program visibility, learning and program improvement
- Work directly with technical experts and a wide array of stakeholders in youth development to complete high quality communications products ranging from promotional materials, management reporting, online media content and technical documents
- Take the lead on developing infographic and multimedia content in support of effective communications and learning using content and software for YouthPower web platforms, webinars and establishing a social media presence.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree and six (6) years’ experience in both project-related and corporate communications or Bachelor’s degree and eight (8) years’ relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing communications strategies including content management, branding and messaging, and ensuring communication product consistency and quality
- Demonstrated experience in writing and editing a variety of print and online communications media to include websites, publications, articles, briefings and presentations
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to knowledge products including technical publications, reports, learning briefs, updates/newsletters, brochures, presentations, videos, posters, social media content
- Demonstrated experience in working on webinars, presentations, events, and online discussions
- Excellent management, writing and briefing skills
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship
Our ideal candidates are:
- Motivated to stay current on rapidly evolving information landscape
- Strategic thinkers that can lead in determining the best communication channels for various ideas and products
- Curious to turn current information sources into highly effective communications and learning products
- Results oriented and driven to innovate
- Possess a high level of attention to detail, organization and meeting deadlines
- Experienced working in the field of international development
- Experienced working with USAID programs
- Experienced working with vendors on creation, implementation and administration of products
- Experienced with basic html and managing Drupal Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Proficient in a second language, with a preference for French or Spanish
Travel Requirements : Travel up to 10% may be required.
Making Cents International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
About the Organization
We believe that people have tremendous potential and can achieve great things, given the opportunity. Opportunity springs from having mentors to help navigate difficult decisions, a safe place to save money, a network of like-minded entrepreneurs and civic leaders, education that leads to a job. Since our founding in 1999, we have been supporting people around the world to take advantage of these opportunities and advance their social and economic well-being.
We are a results-driven development consulting firm founded on the principles of social entrepreneurship. We work with partner organizations to build their capacity to support the people they serve—from the smallholder farmers who feed the planet to the young leaders and entrepreneurs who shape our communities.
Our public- and private-sector clients benefit from our expertise and our broad industry exposure. Over the past 16 years, our work has taken us to 55 countries. We have supported partners in Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, and the Americas in their efforts to achieve positive change in a range of sectors – youth development, agriculture and food security, nutrition, entrepreneurship and enterprise development, financial inclusion, and workforce development. Our tailoredcurricula and technical assistance provide young leaders with the skills to be more effective; assist electronic payments companies to deliver financial advice via mobile phones to new customers; and support agricultural extension agents in helping poor farmers turn their subsistence farms into profitable businesses.
We have also become a leading knowledge management provider through our demand-driven Knowledge Management platform that supports a growing global network of donors, multinational companies, and NGOs. More than 5,000 members use this platform to access concrete and transferable information to inform the design, implementation, and evaluation of high-impact youth economic opportunity programs, policies, and partnerships. Our annual Global Youth Economic Opportunities Summit is the “go to” event in this space, and our online learning hub offers a wide array of tools and resources to members year-round. The Summit also convenes private-sector leaders who are committed to using a “shared value” approach to address youth unemployment globally. We invite you to join our stakeholder network and benefit from these resources.
We are looking to work with clients and partners who seek real and lasting change in the lives of the people they serve. If this sounds like you, please be in touch. We appreciate the chance to “co-create” and apply our experience and our keen interest in innovation to help people live productive, healthy lives.