Job DescriptionPosition Description
EnCompass LLC seeks a Digital Communications Professional to serve as part of our strategic communications and outreach team. The Communications Specialist will help grow the profile and visibility of EnCompass’ achievements and experts by maintaining the company’s online presence. Specifically, this person will collaborate with colleagues across the company to develop relevant content (using multiple media) and events for EnCompass’ website and social media channels. Duties include helping project teams, subject-matter experts, and researchers communicate effectively about EnCompass’ work. As needed, the position may support research and analytical tasks and reporting on issues related to social media analysis and positioning
This is a full-time position, based at EnCompass headquarters in Rockville, MD. At present, all employees are working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic.till April 1st 2021
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include the following:
- Collaborate with business development, senior communications specialists, and senior management team members to align outreach efforts with company goals, major initiatives, messaging, and brand
- Curate and publish content for the company’s website and social media channels:
- Maintain EnCompass’ content calendar (editorial calendar), including global campaign days, major international conferences where EnCompass’ staff have a role
- Develop written and multimedia content for the web and social media platforms to supports EnCompass’ positioning in its practice areas
- Support colleagues at all levels to write and develop blog, social media, and other content related to their work and that of their projects (e.g., results, innovations, learning, and research)
- Create, or coordinate with visual design colleagues to create, engaging and content-rich visual assets (e.g., infographics, Twitter cards)
- Scan EnCompass’ networks and identify opportunities for contributions to Twitter chats, other organizations’ blog posts, etc.
- Maintain a fresh look and feel of EnCompass’ corporate website and social media outreach
- Contribute to gathering and analysis of data from website and social media analytics, SEO, user behaviors, and other measures of audience growth, reach, and engagement
- Contribute to website maintenance, design/redesign, and troubleshooting, in collaboration with other team members, EnCompass’ IT team, and external web development consultants
- Support EnCompass’ participation in major events (e.g., conferences, workshops, webinars) by drafting talking points, producing visual assets, and/or coordinating the provision of these and other services, including virtual production support
- Supervise staff, if/as needed
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events
- Other relevant duties, as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 6 years’ relevant experience (or Master’s degree and 4+ years’ experience). Degree in communications, journalism, international relations or related field preferred.
Experience and Skills
- Proven project management skills and ability to manage multiple concurrent activities and collaborations across departments/teams
- Experience developing/implementing communications strategies and plans
- Strong writing and editing skills; demonstrated ability to write compelling stories, scripts, and/or social media content for international development audiences
- Experience creating, launching, and measuring the impact of social media campaigns, especially on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following digital media software packages:
- WordPress for website and web content management; direct additional experience with HTML and CSS strongly preferred
- Hootsuite or similar programs for planning and measuring social media outreach
- Mailchimp, Constant Contact, or similar email marketing programs
- Google Analytics
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Photoshop, Spark) preferred
- Experience producing/editing videos for YouTube and/or other platforms strongly preferred
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative team environment
- Working knowledge of a language other than English (e.g., Spanish or French) preferred
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter to https://encompassworld.com/work-with-us.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.