The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support Activity is a five-year activity to assist USAID/Nigeria in advancing its broader organizational learning and development efforts. This will be accomplished by further strengthening the Mission’s capacity and performance in programmatic MEL and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA). The MEL Support activity will closely align with USAID/Nigeria’s new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and provide a broad range of specialized technical assistance, training, data gathering and analysis, field-based monitoring, evaluations and assessments, and facilitation of organizational learning and adaptation initiatives.
Dexis is seeking a Communications Specialist to provide expertise to the MEL Support Activity. This position will be based in Nigeria and hiring for this position is contingent upon award.
- Ensures that USAID, Dexis, partners, the public, and other stakeholders have access to relevant information about project and impact.
- Responds in a timely manner to USAID requests for information on project progress, monitoring and evaluation progress, and other queries.
- Drafts all communication program deliverables, materials, products, and media based on USAID regulations and guidelines in accordance with the branding and marking plan.
- Develops communication products, such as infographics, social media postings, impact stories, case studies, and other program messaging.
- Works closely with the Program Team to develop communications and outreach plans to support activity implementation.
- Provides training to staff and implementing partners to improve communications capacity including production of print, video, audio, and other communications material.
- Produces and manages content for social media outlets.
- Develops communication strategies to support field offices and stakeholder needs, marketing strategies and potential capacity building training stakeholders on PR and communications.
- Assists with implementation of informational sessions, events, conferences, workshops, stakeholder meetings, etc.
- Builds capacity in the assessment and development of effective internal communication and reporting tools and protocols for regular communication between regional office(s), field office, and partner and stakeholder groups.
- Monitor media to gather information about the context, products, results, or impacts of the activities.
- Advise the teams on the definition of messages and communication actions that enhance the effectiveness of the activities.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years leading and managing communications, preferably for a development project.
- Experience with various forms of visual media, branding, marketing, and/or other related areas.
- Experience in relevant communications software such as Microsoft Suite, Google Apps, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or web development.
- Proficiency in video development, distribution list/newsletter software, and/or social media management.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications, teamwork, and time and portfolio management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, political work environment.
- Familiarity with USAID preferred but not required.
- Nigerian citizen preferred, experience working in West Africa required
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in Hausa, Yoruba, or languages native to Nigeria desired.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
About the Organization
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.