DevTech is implementing the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Economic Growth Support Activity (EGSA). EGSA supports the government of Indonesia and other stakeholders with (i) evidence-based decision making; (ii) technical assistance to improve GOI capacity in public financial management and related governance; and (iii) capacity building to improve the business enabling environment for foreign and domestic enterprises.
The CGE Modeling International consultant will support Bappenas with development of a dynamic CGE model of the Indonesian economy based on the latest update of Input-Output and Inter-regional Input-Output (IRIO) databases.
- Professional knowledge of Indonesia’s macroeconomic development and institutional frameworkExperienced in leading the development of CGE model
- Fluency in English, both written and oral.
- Experienced in training professionals, especially government officials.
The CGE Modeling Consultant shall carry out the following tasks:
- Participate in planning meeting with EGSA team, Bappenas team, and other stakeholders.
- Lead the team of local experts to collect data and update the IndoTERM database (the bottom-up database for inter-regional CGE model of the Indonesian Economy) with the most recent Input-Output (185 sectors) and the IRIO (35 sectors) tables.
- Lead the construction of some topical and relevant simulation scenarios to apply the model for policy analysis.
- Lead the development of a customized training modules on the CGE model.
- Deliver a workshop on CGE policy Modeling and prepare a workshop completion report
- Prepare the documentation of the database update and the analysis of the simulations.
- Prepare a monthly progress report outlining activities conducted during the period and link to deliverables in the contract, meetings, output produced, and follow up plan for internal reporting purpose.
- Masters degree from internationally recognized university in economics, econometrics, or regional economics with an emphasis on macroeconomics analysis, macroeconomics modelling and computation of CGE models.
- At least 15 years of experience in economic modelling, policy analysis in development context.
- Prior experience developing macroeconomic modeling for Bappenas/GOI national agency is preferred.
Deliverables, Level of Efforts (LoE), Schedule posted on DevTech Career site in job posting.
All deliverables must be prepared in USAID reporting format and must be acceptable by EGSA and USAID.
The Consultant will submit the invoice monthly along with the monthly progress report as attachments to the invoice. The invoice, output and progress report will be reviewed and accepted by EGSA’s Public Financial Management (PFM) component lead.
The expert will provide services for up to 60 days of level of effort (LOE) from April – August 2021.
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.