Conference Logistical Coordinator, Positive Youth Development Symposium, Tangier, Morocco
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
In partnership with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), SI is leading the planning and implementation of a conference focused on Positive Youth Development in the Middle East and North Africa region. The purpose of this conference is to convene representatives from Ministries of Youth, donors, and implementing partners from across the region to discuss best practices related to positive youth development.
SI is seeking a Conference Logistical Coordinator to coordinate all logistical aspects of conference planning and implementation. As SI staff are based in Washington, DC, the Conference Logistical Coordinator will play a critical role as SI’s in-country liaison, ensuring the logistical preparations and implementation of this event run smoothly. This position is a short-term consultancy, with part-time status from December through early-February and full-time status expected closer to the conference, from approximately early-February through early-March (commitment subject to project demands). The conference dates are March 2–5, 2019. We will only consider candidates who are based in Tangier, Morocco, or the immediate surrounding area.
- Serve as SI’s logistical point-person in Tangier, Morocco, providing coordination support for all aspects of in-country logistics for a large-scale conference, including venue, lodging, ground transportation, catering, translation/interpretation, printing, etc.
- Support procurement processes for vendors, ensuring that procurements are done in accordance with SI’s policies, including sourcing bids and participating in the selection process.
- Arrange travel, hotels, visas and other necessary preparations for traveling team members.
- In collaboration with SI, oversee logistical implementation of the conference. The Conference Logistical Coordinator must be fully available and in Tangier to support conference preparation and implementation from February 23 to March 5, 2020.
- Engage in positive relationship management with SI, vendors, and possibly USAID and Ministry officials.
- Provide ad hoc translation or interpretation between English and Arabic, or vice versa.
- Liaise closely with SI headquarters staff, including Senior Training Specialist, Program Manager, and Program Assistant, to perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in international relations, education, or related subject.
- Minimum five (5) years of work or internship experience, with demonstrated event planning and management experience of similar scope.
- Existing personal network of contacts with hotels, caterers, translation/interpretation firms, printers, etc. and knowledge of standard procedures for procuring these services in Tangier.
- Fluent in Arabic and English required, French proficiency strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel between locations in and around Tangier.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Excellent professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.