ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Conservation Enterprise Specialist for an anticipated Conservation Works Activity (CWA) in Liberia funded by USAID. Liberia CWA will conserve threatened and endangered species by strengthening protected areas and improving economic conditions around them. The Activity is anticipated to start in 2021.
The Conservation Enterprise Specialist will be responsible providing technical and managerial oversight in the development and implementation of strategies to establish and support sustainable enterprises that reduce threats to biodiversity and greenhouse gas emissions. This position will be based in Monrovia, Liberia.
- Develop, implement, and provide technical and managerial oversight over Liberia CWA’s activities supporting conservation enterprises
- Develop project activities that support an enterprise-enabling environment, including by working with financial service providers and business development service providers
- Design and implement conservation enterprise analyses, toolkits, guides, and other resources
- Act as a subject matter expert relating to conservation enterprise development, development and networking, and business and entrepreneurship development
- Contribute written input to program planning and reports
- Coordinate with cross-cutting services such as Communications, Institutional Strengthening and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) teams
- Master’s degree in business administration or relevant technical area.
- At least five (5) years of experience related to the technical area, preferably in Liberia.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, including private sector, financial institutions, government officials, project staff, and/or donor agencies.
- USAID experience is preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Liberian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs or email your CV to AVLiberia@joinav.org. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.