- General construction
- Knowledge management
- Job Specific
1. General construction
- Assist the Project Manager to monitor UNOPS implementation plan including Quality, Health & Safety and Environment.
- Where required, assist the Contractor to manage, plan and coordinate monthly, weekly and daily construction activities including monitoring site safety and construction quality.
- Participate in construction approval and inspection activities.
- Liaise closely with engineering staff, ensuring engineering accuracy of construction activities.
- Identify and solve construction issues in a timely fashion, keeping the project manager and engineering staff informed.
- Liaise with, and provide support to, other offices within the country as required.
- Promote a collaborative, client focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Project Team.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of progress and conditions on site through daily site records.
- Prepare and submit to the Technical Team Leader a weekly or monthly (or as requested) report within 5th day of the week-end, summarizing progress of contractor activities, quality control issues, resourcing and scheduling issues, and any other pertinent facts as required.
- Produce any appropriate documentation identified by the Project Manager in a professional and accurate manner
3. Knowledge sharing
- Contribute to the project evaluation process; highlight challenges associated with the project and feedback into a continuous improvement cycle.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer to national/contractor personnel including advice on good construction practices, environmental management practices, and appropriate health and safety standards during construction.
- Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for development planning and knowledge building.
. Job Specific
Specific duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Understand the technical specification and scope of work of each contractor that has been assigned to him/her by the technical team leader/Project Manager
- Assist the site supervisor in the implementation of Quality Plans for the project to ensure specified quality of the work is achieved
- Administer the contracts and supervise project activities to ensure the work complies with the design and specifications.
- Check contractor’s claims and submittal against its accuracy and reality, and make recommendations to the technical team leader
- Verifying and revising contractor reports, proposal for changes and request for payment issued by the contractor and transmit them (for eventual approval) to the technical team Leader or, together with comments, or remarks
- Ensure the strict implementation of quality control standards and procedures on the sites and report regularly with coordination from Field Monitoring Engineers.
- Take necessary steps to ensure timely completion of contractors’ work and control of project budget.
- Prepare and manage project documentation systematically, especially assuring the tidiness of the contractors’ site registers.
- Take responsibility for UNOPS assets at project sites
- Ensure that the project activities are aligned with the overall project plan.
- Regularly update on the status of the project and propose workable solutions to correct for any delay
- Organizing and planning daily activities for site supervisors to follow
- Perform other functions as may be assigned by the technical team leader/project manager
- Report all errors, omissions, discrepancies and deficiencies to technical team leader and record them on the project site register/s.
Actively support the technical team leader/Project manager and all relevant stakeholders with the supply of data and information including, but not limited to, reports, project completion report or any related closure documents.
Impact of Results:
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Construction Manager directly impacts the successful delivery of the project on time, budget and above all the expectations of all stakeholders. This consequently reinforces the visibility and image of UNOPS as an effective service provider in project services and management and strengthens its competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services.
Expected results are:
- Site supervision team organization and operational capacity
- Manage day to day site running of activities and works implementation
- Adequate quality control of the construction process
- Appropriate technical dossier for every site up to date
- Site management procedures in place and aligned with UNOPS policies
- Smooth contract implementation and limited number of issues
- Timely and qualitative reporting.
About the Organization
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.