The USAID-funded Governance Support Program (GSP) in Turkmenistan provides technical expertise, training, and other technical assistance to the government institutions in Turkmenistan.
The QED Group, LLC seeks the international consultants to conduct a two-day workshop on Solid Waste Management and Waste Processing. The anticipated period of work is July 2, 2018 to July 10, 2018. The tentative dates for the seminar are 5-6 July, 2018. The dates are contingent upon Turkmenistan Government’s approval. Consultants will report directly to the Chief of Party of Governance Support Program in Turkmenistan and Project Coordinator of the QED in the US.
- Design and deliver presentations with strong visuals and graphics appealing to GSP’s national counterparts, particularly for the Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs and its members, senior specialists of the Ministry of Public Utilities of Turkmenistan and enterprises under its authority, the State Committee of Turkmenistan on Environmental Protection and Land Resources and local state authorities;
- Develop Draft Program of a 2-day seminar on solid waste management and waste processing;
- Transfer key concepts, schemes on solid waste management and waste processing;
- Provide examples of successful practices on solid waste management and waste processing;
- Introduce methods, manuals, tools, guidelines, standards and processes for ensuring efficient management of solid waste;
- Provide information on new environmental friendly technics for collection, reuse and disposal of solid waste;
- Present information on designs, proposals, technical drawings regarding solid waste treatment, recycling, disposal & management projects in accordance with the relevant codes and sustainable environmental practices, where applicable provide video illustrations of waste management system and facilities;
- Design and provide hand-out materials and information for the participants;
- Prepare report on the outcome of the Workshop, including recommendations on construction of solid waste recycling facility;
- Waste management specialist with a minimum undergraduate degree in a related field;
- At least 10 years’ experience in improving solid waste management systems through status, and gap analysis of technical, community, economic and regulatory aspects, option development, stakeholder consultation, feasibility and economic analysis, material recovery, and engineering designs;
- Strong knowledge of National Environment Policy Act’s rules and regulations governing operations, construction, design and closure of solid waste facilities;
- Previous experience and demonstrated thorough working knowledge with solid waste and environmental pollution;
- Possess sufficient information about environmental policies and standards.
- Proven abilities to produce technical guidelines;
- Excellent presentation, consultation and public speaking skills. Proven experience of delivering presentations to large audiences;
- Be flexible and ready for possible last minute changes to the program Agenda and audience;
- Ability to interface effectively with team members, governmental counterparts, donors, and beneficiaries;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Written and spoken proficiency in English (or Russian) is required.
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.