DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world.
Overview: DT Global is seeking a Contracts Specialist who will be responsible for administering and provide guidance to project delivery teams and field offices regarding contracts/subcontracts/grants/cooperative agreements terms and conditions. Reporting to the Deputy Director of Contracts, the Contracts Specialist will administer various types of contracts from inception to closeout. The Specialist exercises independent judgment within the Contracts Department, serving as a subject matter expert in government contract administration and management.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the full cradle-to-grave procurement cycle of DT Global contracts from award through closeout.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID Contracting Officers and Specialists as contracts administrator.
- Prepare requests for common administrative issues such as consent to subcontract, contractor rate approval, international travel, modifications, etc. and maintain and update templates for these approvals as required.
- Develop acquisition/procurement packages and related documentation such as Statements of Work evaluation criteria, market research, cost analysis, justifications and approvals. Serve as chair for technical evaluations of subcontractor proposals.
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions with Subcontractors, Vendors, and Consultants.
- Prepare and submit annual compliance reports sure as eSRS, SCA, Subcontract Reporting, VAT filing, etc.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients.
- Attend management meetings and contribute to workflow management.
- Manage and Mentor program management unit staff on USAID rules and regulations.
- In conjunction with the Deputy Director, Contracts develop and conduct trainings for HO and overseas staff.
- Draft, update, and maintain internal and cross-departmental policies.
- Stay “up to date” on major contracting changes at DT Global’s primary client through participation in industry events, formal training, USAID meetings and calls, etc.
- Develop and maintain contract and procurement files.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, accounting, law, or related field.
- At least 5 years progressive experience in USAID contracts management;
- Strong knowledge of US Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) the USAID Acquisition Regulations Supplement (AIDAR), 2 CFR 200 and DoS Standardized Regulations (DSSR)
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. Government service-related contract types including cost reimbursable, T&M, and fixed price Acquisition and Assistance management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. Government GSA contracting.
- Strong organizational skills and tasks management, strong attention to details to ensure record of documentation is filed professionally and accurately for internal and external audit.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills and demonstrated ability to analyze complex contracts clauses.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
- Ability to communicate well in person and via email to individuals and small groups of company staff
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment within required deadlines.
- Experience working in an integrated team environment; able to operate independently as well as part of a team.
- Self-starter and well-organized.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree in business, acquisition or CPCM certification a plus.
- Experience with developing acquisition policy, executing contract acquisition packages and manage the acquisition process.
- Competency in the areas of negotiation memorandum review including proper cost/price analysis, vendor selection, budget consideration, and special prime contract provisions.
- Experience in the area of subcontract drafting, reviewing, executing, and administering including flowing down relevant and required clauses.
- Experience reviewing cost volumes in response to Requests for Proposals a Plus.
- Fluency in Dari, Pashto, French, Spanish or Arabic a plus
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal and strong commitment to excellence.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
About the Organization
DT Global, built on more than 50 years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development (GPD) Charitable Trust, applies ingenuity, evidence, and passion to everything we do. Grounded in decades of technical expertise and leadership around the world, we incorporate rigorous learning and assessment in our program design process to ensure that we stay on the cutting edge of thought leadership. Our technical experts work in partnership with communities and institutions to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that create sustainable change and improve people's lives. For more information please see www.dt-global.com.