Chemonics seeks a country director for the anticipated USAID Next Generation In-Country Logistics award, which will be part of the Next Generation Global Health Supply Chain Suite of Programs. The project aims to fulfill requirements of USAID for the warehousing and transportation and other logistics services of USAID-funded health commodities, after their initial delivery to procurement-funded destinations around the world, in a manner that exemplifies commercial logistics best practices, promotes local logistics market health and accelerates host-government engagement with the private sector while improving performance, accountability, and cost. Country directors will provide leadership and management direction to design, implement, and align technical and operational strategies, and serve as the main point of contact for in-country logistics services to USAID Missions. The Country director will be based in the country of assignment. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead country level project activities, providing strategic guidance to the project team, and overseeing office operations and finances
- Ensure alignment with project goals and objective to achieve results
- Develop and implement annual work plans and budgets that reflect the priorities of USAID, are aligned with industry best practices, and achieve best value for the client
- Oversee regular data collection and reporting and lead performance analysis reviews to identify issues and drive warehousing and transportation improvements
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies for logistics services, assess risks, and implement risk management/mitigation plans
- Develop and implement strategies to expand and professionalize the local logistics market and local service providers
- Maintain strong and positive working relationships with clients and partners including USAID, local governments, the private sector and other NextGen programs
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field plus 10 years of relevant work experience, or master’s degree in relevant field plus 8 years of relevant experience in the fields of logistics or supply chain management
- Advanced degree in management, logistics, international development, supply chain management, public health, or a related field is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of the latest developments in logistics management, including best practices in contracting of transportation and warehouse services in low- and middle-income environments
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with senior US and host-country government personnel, partners, and public and private sector stakeholders
- Experience working and living in low- and middle-income countries, preferably in Africa
- Strong facilitation, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter with “Country Director” in the subject line to NextGenICLrecruit@chemonics.com by July 15, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Founded in 1975, Chemonics is an international development consulting firm. In more than 70 countries around the globe, our network of 5,000 specialists share a simple belief: that the challenges we face today are best solved through the right partnerships — sharing knowledge, expertise, and experience to deliver results. As part of our culture and values, Chemonics is proud to be named a “Best Place to Work” in the Human Rights campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index. Where Chemonics works, development works. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit us at www.chemonics.com.