About the COVID-19 Technology Project Manager Position
To support this work, Dimagi is seeking an ambitious candidate with a technical and project management background to join our COVID-19 Response Team. This position can be based out of our office in Cambridge, MA, but is also open to remote employment within the United States.
As the COVID-19 Technology Project Manager, you will play a critical role in either managing or heavily supporting a small project team to optimally design and roll out a contact tracing technology system for a local government. In this role, you will work in an agile environment, alongside or in leading a dynamic, multi-skilled team of developers, engineers, and public health specialists. You will be expected to oversee the development and implementation of various technical deliverables against tight timelines, including project documentation (project plans, risk logs, etc), detailed project plans, stakeholder presentations, and changes to applications against tight timelines. You will collaborate with a network of partners and vendors for the ultimate success of the project - including expectation management, scope management, explaining technical concepts, and building strong rapport. This includes learning directly from and in certain cases training end users, many of whom are on the frontlines of COVID-19 contact tracing efforts.
Due to the nature of COVID-19 response, the work will be challenging, but in the right ways - you’ll have an opportunity to quickly dive into and learn from multiple project areas, all while making a real, positive impact. We are looking for both leaders and teachers who are charting the strategic direction of a team and who make time for project management guidance, training, and mentoring to improve the project’s effectiveness.
At the core of this position, we are looking for smart, capable, and impact-driven individuals. For that reason, please consider the following requirements listed as general “guidelines” vs. strict qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience working on and leading software teams, either in project management, product management, software development, technical operations, or a relevant area.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability and excitement to engage with government stakeholders as well as various other project stakeholders.
- Self-motivated results-oriented team player, who also can coordinate and lead dynamic teams
- Highly organized, able to multitask, and detail-oriented - whether in collecting requirements, testing applications, putting together a deliverable deck, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in collecting and managing requirements from different stakeholders, and delivering solutions that meet business goals and objectives
- Must be technically savvy and enjoy the design process to build applications that meet business goals and objectives.
- Have an incredibly analytical mindset - someone who isn’t afraid to get messy in Excel models, or working to figure out what part of an application isn’t right due to a bug.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Experience in relevant software, including data visualization and analysis software (Tableau, SAS, R, etc.)
- Experience delivering enterprise software systems and/or working within project management for software developers
At Dimagi, we aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time, excellent parental leave policy, and a strong focus on work-life balance
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.
Note: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.