Devex has a global roster for professional resume writers and development professionals who have experience in recruitment and hiring across the different sectors, organizations and agencies in the international development industry.
This is a call for applications for future opportunities, determined by the needs of the CV Writing team. Applications submitted will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and only shortlisted applicants will be notified and asked to complete a CV Writing exercise.
You: a versatile, freelance/home-based writer with international development experience who can pen expert CVs that can stand out in a pool of applications.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world through our audience of one million aid workers and development professionals.
If you’re well-versed in terminologies used in international development, able to help clients analyze their backgrounds and experiences and showcase their best skill sets, and confident in giving career advice to professionals from all over the globe, we’d love to meet you.
You’ll find at Devex an opportunity to carve out your own place in the world, learn from sharp, committed colleagues, and be part of an energizing culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun).
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people.
An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, with offices in Barcelona and Manila, and reporters around the world. Our diverse global team includes 100 web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world. Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page (devex.tumblr.com).
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of the CV / Resume Writer are:
- Fully rewrite CVs / resumes for clients–revising the format, content, and writing style–to develop a new, effective CV based on their qualifications and career goals;
- Discuss career gaps with clients and clear up missing links to aid in writing and improving CV drafts;
- Ensure that the rewritten CVs match the responsibilities of the types of jobs that the client would like to apply to;
- Fulfill assignments within a two-week turnaround for each project and ideally be able to take multiple projects at once;
- Coordinate regularly with our Devex CV Writing Team on project progress, issues, and schedule considerations, while working remotely.
- At least two years’ working experience in international development.
- A Bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations, journalism, English, or other related fields.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience working with people from various cultures.
- Able to communicate effectively with clients whose first language is not English.
- Able to communicate regularly with a team through email.
- Able to easily adapt to the Devex CV Writing Style.
- Able manage and keep track of deadlines, and has fast internet access.
- Exceptional client management skills.
- International development recruitment experience and the ability to provide on-the-spot career advice is a major plus.
- Prior experience writing CVs/resumes is a definite advantage.
- Knowledge of recruitment policies/processes of USAID, UN organizations, NGOs, and multilateral organizations as well as UN P11, Europass, USAID CV formats.
- Knowledge of other languages (French, Spanish, etc.) is a plus.
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate CV WRITING AT DEVEX as the Subject Line. If available, please include samples of your work in the form of CVs / Resumes or Cover Letters written.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
We are Devex, a driving force in global development on a mission to connect people, information and ideas to make a $200-billion industry do more good for more people. Through devex.com, we offer news, business information, and recruiting services to our 500,000-member community including CARE, Microsoft, World Bank UNDP, ADB, and other leading firms, donor agencies, NGOs and development professionals.
Headquartered in Washington DC, and with offices in Barcelona, Manila and Tokyo, our social enterprise consists of 100 accomplished, über-smart, dynamic, exuberant staff who give their all to make sure what we do makes a difference. Devex offers competitive salaries and benefits as well as creative spaces, flexible schedules, snack-filled fridges and all the espresso you can drink. If you see yourself as part of a progressive group of global development game changers, join us!