The expert will consult with the SNV ICR on preferred design and visualisation style for the common lay out of the products and present a number of standard formats from which to decide. After the writing of each paper is completed the designer will be required to do the necessary final modifications in terms of design and layout. The expert will also advise and provide information necessary based on request from the project responsible/manager. Pictorial or graphic design materials to be used are to be provided by the expert.
A. The contractor shall provide the following services:
Use digital illustration, photo editing software, and layout software to create designs. Create visual elements such as logos, original images, and illustrations to help deliver a message.
Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
1. Propose and develop a design format/layout for the Knowledge Products:
- Meet with project responsible or managers to determine the scope and concept of the project;
- Graphic designer will design layouts, including selection of colours, images, and typefaces in accordance with directives from SNV ICR;
- Design figures and tables in a way that the most relevant information is shown, it is clear and easy to read and understand for the reader and the intended message is best transmitted;
- In line with the general format of the ICR and in consultation with SNV, designer shall offer a number of proposals (minimum 3) to the project management team for preference;
- The designer shall then finalise this and create a template to be used for all products in the series.
2. Provide necessary pictorial or graphic design materials
- The designer in consultation with the project responsible shall provide the necessary graphic materials for each product in the series;
- The designer shall use digital illustration, photo editing software, data visualisation and layout software to create designs;
- Create visual elements such as original images, tables and graphs, and illustrations to help deliver a message;
- The designer will be responsible for compliance with all copyright issues related to the graphic materials approved for the knowledge products.
3. Provide advice and information base on request
- Within the context of this ToR, the designer shall be available to provide relevant information, advice and corrections in relation to graphic and designing decisions to be made whenever such is requested.
- Overall graphic layout for products;
- Up to 10 draft reports of about 10 pages on average with their design specifications including imagery, figures (graphs and tables) and infographics;
- Up to 4 final reports of about 10 pages maximum with their design specifications;
- Design related advisory support based on request within the duration of the agreement.
The position is opened to consultants with the following credentials:
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design, data representation and visualisation, or in a related field;
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in the field of Graphic designing;
- Experience in designing for international organisations or companies;
- Candidate should have a portfolio that demonstrates their experience and ability to deliver in the products above;
- Creativity and good communication skills are key;
- Ability to read and speak and write English fluently (proficiency in French is a plus).
Contract Type: Consultancy
Expected start date: May 1st, 2021
Contract Duration: 1 year
The graphic designer will be engaged for a period up to 40 expert days for the services mentioned above.
The number of days and the budgets will be contractually agreed as maximum amounts. The assessment will be based on qualification and price.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking on the I’m Interested button and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before April 28, 2021
All information will be in the strictest confidence and in accordance to GDPR. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We will require that you provide us with full details of three people who are willing to act as a referee. We will not contact these referees without your explicit permission.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement
About the Organization
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is one of the largest Dutch, development organisations with operations in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. SNV aims to lift up incomes and access to basic services. We make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty, helping them raise incomes and access basic services. Driven by the Sustainable Development Goals, we are dedicated to a society in which all people are free to pursue their own sustainable development, and no one is left behind. This commitment to equity directs us to focus on gender and youth.
We apply our know-how to realise effective solutions and deliver results at scale worldwide. We do this through our local presence and our specialised expertise in agriculture, energy, and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). Our projects directly benefit millions of people. At the same time, our projects drive systems change, which helps many more people work their way out of poverty, well beyond the scope of the projects themselves. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation, implementing our mission exclusively through project financing. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence every day.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: https://snv.org/
A. Information on the project
The Investment Climate Reform (ICR) Facility is set up to support African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States (ACP) partner countries and regional institutions in their private sector structured dialogue process to create a more conducive business environment and investment climate. The ICR Facility is co-funded by the European Union (EU), the Organisation of African, Caribbean and Pacific States (OACPS) under the 11th European Development Fund (EDF), together with the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the British Council. It is implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ), the British Council, Expertise France, and Stichting Nederlandse Ontwikkelingsorganisatie (Netherlands Development Organisation, SNV).
The ICR facility has three components of activities:
- Technical Assistance for Business Environment and Investment Climate Improvement
- Strengthening national and sub-regional development financial institutions
- Compile and mainstream lessons learned and good practices
In the context of its mandate, the ICR Facility is engaged in the production of a series of knowledge products (KPs) for its beneficiaries in ACP countries. This series of KPs are intended to have a high standard and appealing visualisation for the targeted audience, following the general format agreed upon by the ICR project management unit.
In that regard, a professional graphic and visualisation expert is needed to work on the each product, propose engaging formats, and accomplish any other visualisation task needed for the production these KPs.