Chemonics seeks a DCOP for the anticipated USAID Cities for Enhanced Engagement and Governance (CHANGE) Activity in the Philippines. The project aims to achieve more responsive local governance by (a) strengthening the enabling environment for decentralization; (b) enhancing service delivery capacity, legitimacy, transparency and accountability of local governments; and (c) empowering citizens by increasing participation and oversight of local governance processes. The DCOP will be responsible for the overall administrative and operational aspects of the project. This position will be based in Manila, Philippines. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide day-to-day operational management of the activity operations, finance, and compliance
- Supervise monitoring and evaluation activities and reporting
- Monitor and oversee the development and implementation of the grants program
- Ensure program implementation is in accordance with USAID and Chemonics policies and procedures
- Foster collaboration between technical teams and program personnel, and between project and counterparts, ensuring program delivery of expected outcome.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the chief of party
- Act as the chief of party when s/he is absent from the program.
- At least a master’s degree or higher in public administration, economics, business, law, social sciences, or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible professional development, public administration, financial management, local government support, governance reforms, or civic engagement experience and expertise
- Substantial experience working with counterparts at various levels of government and the private sector in managing international development assistance projects
- Strong expertise in responsibility, good management skills, and extraordinary communication
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Strong English writing and speaking skills
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “DCOP” in the subject line to PhilippinesDGRecruitment@chemonics.com by August 10, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.