Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking an experienced Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an upcoming multi-year regional contract with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Ethiopia Mission. The Highlands Resilience Platform for Adaptive Learning (R-PAL) project will support the USAID TIGER Project - both its staff and its key stakeholders - to be more efficient, effective, transparent and skilled in achieving development outcomes through the use of evidence, adaptive management techniques, and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) practices that enable increased resilience for the chronically vulnerable in the Highlands.
This is a long-term position expected to start in late 2021. The position is contingent upon contract award. Local nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Overseeing all daily operations including but not limited to administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting financial, and property.
- Assisting the COP in performance management systems, financial management, and timely completion and submission of all activity deliverables.
- Ensuring that program implementation is in accordance with USAID regulations and procedures.
- Supervising the day-to-day field presence in the areas of operations (including the project’s facilities such as office space, equipment and project vehicles), administration logistics, procurement, budgeting and financial accounting and act as the Chief of Party when s/he is absent from the program.
- Supervising the daily financial operations of the contract, which include cash flow management, time sheet recording, reporting to USAID on the financial aspects of the project, and daily monitoring of obligations, budgets, and expenditures.
- Coordinating with the Dexis Home Office on all compliance issues, seeking legal and policy guidance on sanctions and other applicable restrictions.
- While not directly responsible for overseeing activity development, the DCOP will be expected to have a good grasp of the programmatic aspects of the program and be prepared to step in as needed to support the COP and other program staff in activity development aspects of the project
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience and a bachelor’s degree or nine (9) years of relevant work experience without a bachelor’s degree. Relevant experience entails working in complex, high-speed, and/or challenging field operations.
- A minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- At least three (3) years of experience in managing USAID or other bilaterally funded projects in the region and dealing with a similar subject matter.
- Financial management experience, including budgeting, financial management (tracking, reporting and accounting), and procurement.
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills with demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively with a wide range of staff and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively backstopping and supporting long- and short-term consultants.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in overseeing program close-out.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a “find a way or make a way” business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.