1. SOLICITATION NO: 72062421R100002
2. ISSUANCE DATE: November 23, 2020
3. CLOSING DATE/TIME FOR RECEIPT OF OFFERS: January 1, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Accra time.
4. POINT OF CONTACT: [REXO Human Resources Team] email@example.com
5. POSITION TITLE: DEVELOPMENT OUTREACH AND COMMUNICATIONS (DOC) SPECIALIST
6. MARKET VALUE: GHC108,292.00 – GHC 162,445.00 equivalent to FSN-10 In accordance with AIDAR Appendix J and the Local Compensation Plan of USAID/West Africa. Final compensation will be negotiated within the market value.
7. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: The period of performance is five (5) years, estimated to start April 2021. The services provided under this contract are expected to be of continuing nature executed by USAID through a series of sequential contracts, subject to availability of funds, satisfactory job performance and need for continued services.
8. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Accra, Ghana with possible travel as stated in the Statement of Work.
9. ELIGIBLE OFFERORS: All interested candidates eligible to work in Ghana. Cooperating Country National (CCN) is defined as an individual who is a cooperating country citizen, or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
10. SECURITY LEVEL REQUIRED: Regional Security Office Background Check
11. STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The DOC Specialist will assist the Mission with achieving its objectives by producing information about the Mission’s activities and disseminating it to U.S. and regional audiences to build support for USAID programs. S/he will be responsible for developing outreach materials about the Mission’s programs, particularly its successes and achievements, for dissemination to the Africa and LPA bureaus at USAID/Washington, local and international press and media, and the general public. The specific duties and responsibilities of the DOC Specialist are outlined below.
- A. Communication Outreach Coordination and Public Information Outreach (40%)
- B. Drafting and Clearing Multimedia Communication Content and Documents (internal and external) (20%)
- C. Management of Communications Materials and Dissemination (20%)
- D. Implementing Partner’s Training and Event Management Support (20%)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
In order to be considered for the position, a candidate must meet the Minimum Qualifications. Applications will be pre-screened and only those that meet the Minimum Qualifications will be considered. These are the minimum qualifications necessary to be considered for the position:
- a. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or a related field is required.
- b. Prior Work Experience: Minimum five years of experience in related fields, with more than three years of experience in public relations, communications, and/or journalism. Demonstrated track record in writing, including speeches, press releases, internet content generation, newsletters, fact sheets, etc.
- c. Language Proficiency: Fluency in English and rudimentary-level French (written and oral communication skills) are required. Short-listed applicants will be required to take a writing test during the interview process.