Social Impact is recruiting a Director of Contracts and Compliance to lead the company’s Contract’s Unit. The Contracts Unit is part of the Finance, Contracts, and Pricing Division and provide s full-cycle support of the contracts function to the two technical program divisions and the program management unit. The Director of Contracts and Compliance leads manages of contracts professionals and reports to the VP of Finance and Contracts. (S)he overse e s contracts administration , and ensures compliance with company’s policies and procedures, applicable federal rules and regulations, and ethical standards .
- Oversee Social Impact’s contracts administration function and monitors compliance with contract terms & conditions, acquisition regulations, company polic ies , and client requirements.
- Work directly with senior management, project and corporate staff in executing and advising the full cycle contracting process .
- Review , approve , and sign contract s and modifications .
- Acts as Social Impact’s negotiat or with the Government and Prime Contractors .
- Administer/manage various types of contracts , including but not limited to GSA, IDIQ, CPFF, FFP and T&M .
- Lead communication to client counterparts , including but not limited to approval and waiver requests, required notifications, and deliverable submissions .
- Build and strengthen SI’s knowledge of , and compliance with , US Federal acquisition rules and reporting requirements .
- Lead and attend client kick-off meetings , BD-project -team handoffs, and other client-facing events .
- Maintain contract document management system and track and report contract funding, portfolio, backlog, and historical award information .
- Administer/manage start-up and c lose out of all contracts, task orders, and subcontract.
- Help clarify and resolve contract issues with clients .
- Flag and escalate risks to VP Finance and Contracts and senior management and assist with develop ing mitigation strategies and plans .
- Perform other duties as requested .
- Prepares, reviews, and participates in the negotiations of Subcontracts, Teaming Agreements and Non-Disclosure Agreements, Memoranda of understanding, and other agreement tools consistent with SI’s and Client regulations .
- Prepare and negotiate subcontract agreements including flow-down of prime-contract clauses .
- Evaluates compliance of policies, practices and standards to meet business and contract objectives.
- Ensures internal contractual compliance with the contract terms, and SI and client regulations .
- Manage DBA compliance .
- Oversee government reporting and periodic compliance filings (e.g., SAM.gov, service contractor reporting, GSA schedule reporting, FSRS, ESRS, CPARS etc.) .
- Provides strategic advice to senior management regarding contract management as it is affected by client and local laws and regulations.
Business Development Support
- Review and approve SI’s representation and cert ification s and subcontracting plans for business proposals .
- Flag concerns with requests for proposals (RFPs) and solicitations and ensures that VP Finance and Contracts is appropriately briefed on all significant terms and risks.
- Advise on RFP acquisition matters and compliance risks .
- Participate in potential protest analysis and execution.
Team and Corporate Management
- Manage, mentor, and build capacity of the contracts team.
- Provide onboarding training to new hires on SI’s contracts , procurement processes and systems , as well as business ethical standards.
- Provide company-wide support on matters concerning specific contract questions, issues, and problems.
- Serves as the contracts function liaison with government contract ing office r s, commercial clients and primes , and various internal functional groups including the executive team, finance, HR, and project management.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in finance, business administration, or related field.
- 10+ years of work experience relating to international development.
- 7+ years of administration of USG and non-USG contracts working with the FAR/AIDAR, CFRs and relevant OMB Circulars, and other regulations.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience.
- USAID, DOS, MCC, DFID, and other international development (government and private) donor experience.
- Knowledge of the compliance environment and relevant rules and regulations within the international development sector.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 15 % of the time to support SI’s projects.
- Fluency in English language and exceptional communication and writing skills.
- Other languages preferred but not required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com .
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.