EnCompass LLC is seeking Director of Finance and Administration candidates for an upcoming five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Health Workforce Management activity in Nigeria. The purpose of this five-year task order is to support the establishment of a cost‐effective, well-trained and motivated health workforce, particularly in targeted rural and remote areas of Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, Ebonyi States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The position is full-time and based in Abuja with travel to Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, and Ebonyi States and the Federal Capital Territory.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Country Director, the Director of Finance and Administration will serve as the overall lead for all financial and administrative (F&A) aspects of the project. Potentially managing a small team, they will serve as the lead for accounting, finance, invoicing, procurement, and other F&A functions as required by the contract. They will work directly with the Country Director to ensure full compliance with USAID rules and regulations, and functioning of financial processes, as well as maintain internal controls for all activities.
Essential functions include:
- Oversee the project operations including; but not limited to, human resources, logistics, procurement, subcontracts or sub-awards, and accounting/finance
- Develop a USAID compliant Financial Management and Reporting system
- Develop internal control measures for the award
- Prepare and submit monthly invoices and other financial reports as required, and oversee USAID-required audits
- Produce financial and budget reports, develop procedures and guidelines for all activities, monitor project budgets, maintain accurate financial records on project activities, monitor transactions to ensure compliance with USAID-regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- A master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or other relevant fields
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing, in roles of increasing responsibility: finance, procurement, accounting, logistics, and/or human resource-related matters for international development activities of a similar contract size
- Knowledge of U.S. Government’s financial reporting and compliance processes and requirements, particularly as related to USAID highly desired
- Knowledge of applicable Nigerian laws and policies on financial and procurement procedures and human resources
Experience and Skills
- Progressive demonstrated experience supervising project operations, including human resources, procurement, subcontracts or sub-awards, and accounting/finance
- Demonstrated ability for developing and managing large budgets, and in-depth knowledge of USG Cost Accounting Standards
- Demonstrated experience managing logistics and/or supply chain management for the implementation of public health programs in low- and/or middle-income countries
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English; demonstrated supervisory skills; and ability to work well on team.
- Citizens of Nigeria are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter, and complete the application
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.