The objective of this five-year contract is to holistically assist MEL and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) over the implementation of the Local Works Program. This will notably include developing a Local Works Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan (MELP) and reporting results over the course of program implementation. The MELP will include monitoring progress towards self-reliance and activities’ performance; assessing the validity of programmatic assumptions and changes in the operating environment; evaluating performance and impact; and learning and adapting based on evidence.
SI is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration to provide, full-time support on the USAID MEL Activity in Northern Macedonia. The expected period of performance is five (5) years from the date of contract award with the work to be performed in North Macedonia.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Macedonian citizenship will be considered. **
- Oversee finance, administration, and operations for all activities for the program.
- Oversight of procurement, grants, logistics, human resources, accounting
- and finance, and records.
- Manage the Contract budget and preparing financial reports for submission to USAID/Macedonia.
- Ensure funds expended are compliant with USG regulations and policies.
- Implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support the implementation of the award.
- Work with the Program Director to ensure that financial management and reporting is compliant with USAID requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; Advanced degree preferred.
- At least eight years of financial management, administration, and procurement with USAID-funded projects.
- Knowledge of USAID financial and contractual rules and regulations, including AIDAR and the FAR.
- Proven ability to manage and monitor diverse staff.
- Must have high proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and QuickBooks. Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team. Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Proficiency in local languages (Macedonian, Serbian/Serbo-Croatian, and Albanian).
About the Organization
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.