The economists will have a tertiary qualification in economics although higher-level qualifications will be an advantage. They should preferably have 10 years of experience in the financial and economic evaluation of investment projects and be familiar with the analytical requirements outlined in ADB’s Procedures for Conducting Economic Analyses of Projects. Preference will be accorded to those candidates who are familiar with irrigation and water supply feasibility investments. The expert will be responsible for the following duties:
- Review the proposed drip irrigation system design and institutional requirements, and finalize cost estimates in collaboration with the engineers, institutional specialists and safeguard specialists;
- Prepare cost and financing tables for the proposed investment;
- Conduct an economic and financial analysis of the proposed drip irrigation system, including sensitivity analysis, using revenue estimations based on water delivery charges;
- Prepare an Economic and Financial Analysis Report, also tables and a text presenting cost and financing tables, economic and financial analysis for the Draft and Final Feasibility Study Report;
- Present a summary of the draft Economic and Financial Analysis Report to MAIL and stakeholders at the workshop;
- Revise the report incorporating responses to comments by stakeholders.
About the Organization
SHELADIA Associates is a multi-disciplinary international professional consulting firm with demonstrated experience in the successful management and implementation of development projects throughout the world. SHELADIA believes that practicality and sustainability in development projects require flexible resource management, active participation of all the entities involved, and a shared goal of strengthening institutions, and operational systems, to optimize the use of available resources.