The Driver & Security Officer will drive assigned vehicle and advise on security matters within work environments of the Youth Engagement and Skills (YES) program in the Philippines. The USAID/Philippines YES! Mindanao activity will directly address the key constraints to peace and stability in conflict-affected areas as well as address alleviation for disaster-affected areas in Mindanao by strengthening the capacity of local government units, communities, and stakeholders to improve education service delivery; increase access for out-of-school youth to education through alternative learning systems; and increase out-of-school youth employability by providing relevant education and skills training. Responsibilities include maintaining the project vehicle, upholding organizational safety and security standards, and reducing risks that staff may face. The Driver & Security Officer will be based in the Philippines and will be responsible for providing driving and safety and security on a full-time basis. Hiring for this position will be contingent upon IYF securing funding from USAID for this activity and USAID’s approval of the candidate for this position.
- Responsible for the safe operation, usage and maintenance of the assigned vehicle.
- Ensures all duties as driver of the assigned vehicle are performed in adherence with local traffic laws and IYF Policies, specifically Authorized Driver Agreement.
- Responsible for accounting for each trip, record-keeping and attendant paperwork from each trip using IYF Vehicle Log Book to ensure vehicle usage activities comply with IYF Policies and USAID Rules and Regulations.
- Reports any problems identified in the vehicle and also ensures all licenses and documents relating to the vehicle are renewed on time and as required.
- Supports program implementation through the implementation of safety approaches, procedures and protocols delineated by IYF regarding travel, safety and security.
- Reports and advises on any risks and/or incidents that may impact IYF in the Philippines relating to travel, safety and security.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager.
This position will be supervised by the Finance and Administration Manager based in the Philippines.
- Minimum of a good grade in secondary school level education.
- Minimum 5 years experience driving a company vehicle. Driving for an International Organization or NGO would be an added advantage.
- Possession of a clean and valid Driving License is a condition for employment.
- Ability to make good judgment on staff safety and provide appropriate advice.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under stressful conditions.
- General familiarity with travel and security issues in the Philippines is desired. Ability to adjust to shifting travel and security circumstances and facilitate operations accordingly.
- Good oral and written English fluency required. Proficiency in local/other language a plus.
All applications must be submitted in English. Please submit a completed Field Office Application for Employment, Cover Letter and CV via email to email@example.com with ”Driver & Security Officer-Philippines” in the subject line.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
About the International Youth Foundation:
The International Youth Foundation (IYF) is a global nonprofit organization that works with the business, government, and civil society sectors in 70 countries to improve the lives and condition of young people worldwide. Founded in 1990, IYF equips today's youth with the necessary skills to be healthy, productive and civically engaged individuals. To deepen its impact, IYF scales up effective and sustainable programs that are making a lasting difference in young lives. IYF receives support from bilateral and multilateral donor agencies, companies, foundations and individuals.