We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Education and Early Childhood Development Technical Advisor.
FHI 360 is recruiting an Education and Early Childhood Development (EECD) Technical Advisor, based in Farafangana, Madagascar, for the anticipated USDA-funded McGovern-Dole Food for Education and Child Nutrition Program in Madagascar. The EECD Technical Advisor will serve as FHI 360’s project representative and the lead of our scope of work as a subcontractor to the Prime Recipient. S/he will also provide technical guidance and oversight for education and early childhood development activities in both target regions, Atisimo Astinanana and Atismio Andrefana.
As a member of the Project Leadership Committee, s/he will provide direction and oversight to project facilitator level staff working directly with the schools and community. The EECD Technical Advisor will also serve a liaison with Government of Madagascar’s (GOM) counterparts at the regional, district and commune levels, as well as support other collaborative partners working in the education and pre-school space including UNICEF and the World Bank’s Basic Education Support Project.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as FHI 360’s Project Lead and hold ultimate accountability for project performance.
- Integrate program literacy and pre-school support activities with GoM’s Ministry of Education (MEN) initiatives and other programs, including those funded by the World Bank, UNICEF, JICA and others.
- Design, organize, and oversee support meetings for school directors at the Ministry of Education school district and sub-district levels.
- Provide technical guidance to ensure the Project aligns with MEN’s vision for implementing the improved early reading program and preschool program in the project’s target regions.
- Coordinate with regional MEN actors to implement their preschool and early learning programs in the target regions.
- Coordinate and align Project activities with the local implementing partner and Education Facilitators.
- Provide coordination support with MEN’s National School Feeding and Nutrition activities.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant technical experience required, including significant experience in training materials development and delivery;
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Education system, including experience working with INFP and CRINFPs, DEPA, DEIPEF, DEF, and the DCI;
- Knowledge of reading instruction;
- Experience working with international and national NGOs;
- Project management/coordination experience preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment and gain the respect and confidence of host country counterparts, staff, and clients;
- Ability to mentor, motivate and empower the performance of team members and counterparts;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in French and Malagasy. English is a plus;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Excel.
- Deep understanding of the Malagasy context, particularly in the relevant sectors. Malagasy nationals preferred.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please visit FHI 360’s Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.