Chemonics seeks an Education Management Information Systems (EMIS) Lead for the anticipated Department for International Development (DFID) Data, Accountability, Innovation and Research in Education (DAIRE) project in Islamabad, Pakistan. The project has an estimated value of £30M. DAIRE will support strengthening Pakistan’s education data management system at the federal level through collection, analysis and reporting of data, improve learning assessments and establish partnerships for further research and innovation. The DAIRE project is part of a larger DFID Pakistan New Education Portfolio anticipated starting 2020 through 2025 which is projected to also encompass three provincial level programs.
The EMIS Lead will work with the Pakistan Ministry of Education (MoE) to strengthen data and accountability at the federal level and support the MoE in meeting its goals. The EMIS Lead will address MoE’s systems and procedures that lead to improved analysis and availability of data for informed and evidenced-based decision making. In addition, the EMIS Lead will provide capacity building and ensure collaboration and knowledge sharing with key federal agencies, civil society groups and other relevant stakeholders. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Collaborating with MoE counterparts and key stakeholders, provide technical assistance in analyzing the EMIS system at the national level in order to develop recommendations for EMIS system strengthening
- Support the formation and management of an EMIS working group and contribute to action plans and deliverables
- Provide technical assistance and support capacity building to national counterparts on improving data collection, disaggregation of data, EMIS functionality and reporting
- Contribute to the development and implementation of DAIRE’s portfolio of software solutions to strengthen availability of information to support decision making. This includes but isn’t limited to the following areas:
- Requirements documents and functional specifications
- System(s) development
- System(s) implementation
- Interface with legacy systems
- Identify new technologies, functionality, and hardware to continuously refine DAIRE’s EMIS strategy and solution portfolio to promote sustainability and interoperability
- Provide technical oversight to vendor supported activities to ensure delivery of high-quality solutions
- Provide on the ground monitoring and document progress towards achieving DAIRE’s results using performance indicators
- With direction from project Team Lead, liaise with DFID and MoE to share information and ensure that DFID, MoE collaborative agencies and other donor organizations are routinely informed about MIS activities
- Support and promote standards for IT systems in order to encourage interoperability among relevant systems
- Assist with the development of project work plans, monitoring progress against the work plan deliverables, and with reporting requirements
- Other relevant responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum of a Master’s degree or its equivalent with 7 years of relevant experience, or alternatively, a Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience in designing and enhancing education management information systems
- Demonstrable experience in the field of data management, data collection, data analysis, and reporting
- Experience developing the institutional capacity of government, preferably at a federal level
- Deep understanding of EMIS systems and functionalities
- Knowledge of Pakistan’s education systems strongly preferred
- Strong representation skills with government, donor organizations and non-government stakeholders
- Proven ability to effectively manage IT solutions and resources in Pakistan
- Strong bilingual communication skills, including both written and oral, in English and Urdu
- Ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment
- Experience working on donor-funded projects preferred
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
To apply, please submit your application to our portal at https://ChemonicsUK.formstack.com/forms/daire_emis_lead. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.