Mid/Sr. Electrical Engineer - Afghanistan
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Mid/Sr. Electrical Engineer candidates with an emphasis on renewable power transmission and distribution (T&D) experience for an on-going USAID-funded Engineering Services Project in Afghanistan. The overall objective of this program in Afghanistan is to provide direct engineering expertise on a variety of engineering projects for our client. Specific responsibilities will be delegated based on candidate experience and area of technical expertise.
- Work with a well-qualified team of expatriate and local Afghan electrical engineers for the oversight and design of electrical systems for power T&D projects, vertical structures and renewable energy systems from concept design, procurement support and through construction;
- Work directly with the US Government staff and Afghan Ministries to play a role in discussions about issues of national electrification and policies including both the production of power from renewable and non-renewable sources and the Afghan nation’s electrical transmission and distribution systems;
- Review electrical design drawings and submittals and respond to contractor’s questions and requests for information relating to electrical and sustainable energy issues;
- Coordinate specific reach-back tasks with the US home office support staff as needed;
- Prepare written technical reports and progress reports;
- Participate in and chair stakeholders’ meetings;
- Supervise local staff as required.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent from accredited college or university;
- A Professional Engineering (PE) license is required;
- A minimum of 10 years of previous experience with engineering design, with a preference for experience on power T&D infrastructure and building projects;
- Knowledge of international codes and standards;
- Experience with CAD and/or PLS-CADD a plus;
- Previous overseas experience is desired;
- Willingness to accept a 12-month assignment in Afghanistan.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers. Please Reference Job Code: 12700000224.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies