Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech (Nasdaq: TTEK) is dedicated to improving the energy sector of developing economies. We are seeking an experienced Environmental Sustainability Consultant to support the implementation of the USAID-administered Water Energy for Food Asia Regional Innovation Hub (WE4F-Asia-RIH) from July 2020 to July 2024. See https://we4f.org.
This is an independent consulting engagement for services on an intermittent basis estimated to be about 100 days per year. The finalization of the consultant agreement is subject to USAID approval. The consultant must be a legal resident of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor Leste, Vietnam.
Interested consultants are invited to submit a CV with the requested USD daily rate to WE4FAsiaRIH@tetratech.com and indicate Vacancy title: Environmental Sustainability Consultant in the email subject line.
- Lead implementation of the RIH’s Environmental Sustainability Strategy, including support for the entire implementation team on integration of environmental sustainability, biodiversity, efficient natural resource use and climate resiliency into all RIH interventions in support of innovators and other activities
- Provide on-demand technical assistance to innovators in assessing benefits and impacts of nexus technologies on environment, biodiversity, natural resources and climate resiliency, complying with local environmental requirements and ensuring adherence to project-level environmental compliance requirements.
- Advise screening and selection of innovators as potential grantees based on considerations for environmental sustainability
- Advise innovators on topics related to environmental sustainability, biodiversity, efficient natural resource use and climate resiliency and support the development and implementation of innovator acceleration work plans
- Engage and share learnings and relevant resources and develop internal guidance for the implementing team on environmental sustainability-related issues on an ongoing basis
- Create and update knowledge management products on innovators’ experiences with environmental sustainability topics
- Review and support implementation of innovator acceleration work plans, especially environmental sustainability topic-centric market segment research
- Support the development of knowledge products, collection of performance indicator data and preparation of communication pieces
· Provide inputs into the development of contractual deliverables and any other progress reporting
Submit a CV with the Requested USD Rate
- A graduate degree in environmental science, natural resources, agriculture or related field
- 8 years’ experience in the S/S Asia leading environmental, biodiversity and performance risk and impact assessments, with a focus on nexus technologies
- Experience working with USAID Environmental Compliance Procedures and the IFC performance standards
- Strong oral and written communications skills and ability to motivate and collaborate with others to achieve team goals and communicate with WE4F grantees
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and presentation skills)
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.