Chemonics seeks an ERP Solutions Architect for the Global Technology and Infrastructure division (GTID). The ERP Solutions Architect leads the design and development of solutions relevant to the value streams and introduces the overall technical vision for a particular solution. Develops enterprise level solutions that integrate across applications, systems and platforms. Proposes changes in process, policy and standards as they relate to the architecture and design principles. Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and solutions to solve business problems. Viewed as a functional expert and critical resource across multiple disciplines. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Works closely with the Chemonics’ Value stream Owners to brainstorm solutions and make decisions that are aligned with the company’s goals and enhances the Value stream process efficiency
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organization’s targeted business outcomes.
- Analyzes and documents business requirements as needed that are relevant to a solution Design and lead the implementation of a solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements.
- Proactively comes up with solutions to mitigate issues, or enhance functionality for continuous improvement of Value stream
- Understands the features of the Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations being used for the Value streams in detail
- Involves in evaluating and selecting third party technology products or solutions as needed
- Keeps abreast of the new features being released in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations by their respective vendors working with the relevant Product Managers
- Creates and demonstrates solution prototypes to make informed decisions while picking a solution
- Analyzes the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation).
- Defines the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise’s future-state architecture vision.
- Designs and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance.
- Develops a roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from future to current state (as defined by the solutions architecture).
- Facilitates the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Consults with application and infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the solutions architecture.
- Identifies the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture.
- Works closely with the project management office (PMO) to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised.
- Works as a project leader. Works on projects/issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors junior technical staff.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
8 to 10 years of experience in multiple IT areas and 6 to 8 years of relevant ERP architecture and project management experience. Requires advanced to expert level knowledge and understanding of architecture, application design, systems engineering and integration.
- Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Solution Architect Expert
- Experience designing solutions for various modules in Dynamics 365 for FinOps or Dynamics AX2012 experience required
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting and ability to propose and estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Experience working on multiple IT projects as a project leader.
- Experience working on projects/issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments, multiple years of experience deploying finance and accounting systems.
- Prevoius experience working in government contracting preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills; excellent analytical, technical, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to propose and present a convincing business case and product roadmap to executive management
- Experience with data analysis using Power BI, Excel Pivot Tables, or other similar tools preferred.
- Ability to solve complex technical, managerial, or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, resources, well-rounded experience, and knowledge.
- Ability to operate at advanced levels of authority and manage significant activities and resources to produce and take responsibility for results.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad in less developed countries for at least 4 to 8 weeks per year.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
Apply through our Career Center by May 21, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Founded in 1975, Chemonics is an international development consulting firm. In more than 70 countries around the globe, our network of 5,000 specialists share a simple belief: that the challenges we face today are best solved through the right partnerships — sharing knowledge, expertise, and experience to deliver results. As part of our culture and values, Chemonics is proud to be named a “Best Place to Work” in the Human Rights campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index. Where Chemonics works, development works. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit us at www.chemonics.com.