The ERP Systems Training Manager for the Digital Transformation team provides support of training strategy design, instructional design, technical writing, and project management for role-based training programs as part of implementation for Chemonics’ global enterprise resource platform (ERP) system. The manager will manage and lead development of training strategies and materials while maintaining uniformly high standards in efforts to assess needs, develop, and evaluate training, and develop staff to serve as trainers for the system. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Contribute to the design and execution of training strategy, plan, and deliverables for Chemonics ERP system, including coordination with internal and external stakeholders as needed.
- Design face-to-face training, self-directed learning, and train-the-trainer guidance for all ERP-related needs.
- Help create and manage training activity work plans that include assignment of responsibilities, estimated level of effort for team members, dependencies, and deadlines
- Manage the development of training materials and user manuals, including but not limited to instructor guides, participant guides, and job aids
- Collaborate with Digital Transformation staff on the creation of training materials, as well as planning for Instructor-Led staff trainings in the home and field office
- Review of training materials and documentation by Subject Matter Experts to ensure content accuracy and consistency
- Supervise the creation of instructional videos and other online learning materials
- Collaborate with the InDepth team on creation of digital content and utilization of Chemonics Online Learning Platform (Degreed) to support D365 usage
- Create and deliver training content with a high level of cultural competency for non-native English-speaking audiences
- Manage the translation process for training materials into multiple languages as well as the updates to existing translated documents
- Contribute to the expansion of Chemonics’ knowledge management system within the IT support ticketing system to incorporate training-related Q&A.
- Speak and write effectively concerning instructional design such as writing articles for internal publications and coaching facilitators
- Facilitate training workshops, as needed
- Build rapport with staff to help increase system adoption and encourage feedback of potential improvements
- Stay abreast of advancements in the training field, benchmark programs and analyze their potential application to Chemonics programs
- Supervise associates, facilitating software training
- Bachelor’s degree in training or related field required
- Minimum 4 years of software training experience required
- Experience with Microsoft products (Office365, Dynamics 365, Power BI) preferred
- Ability to quickly learn new software packages and be able to design training on them
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally, in writing, and in online environments: ability to manage, lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts in layman’s terms, including appropriate corporate jargon where applicable
- Demonstrated experience designing, delivering and evaluating software training for non-native English speakers with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Experience with adult learning, instructional design and best practices in online learning to inform problem solving, strategic and programming decisions including maintenance and improvement of assigned curricula
- Demonstrated integrity, independent thinking, judgment, and respect for others
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills and attention to detail
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning principles, instructional design, and experience with blended learning
- Experience developing curricula and related assessment and evaluation plans
- Ability to provide guidance to staff on training coordination and management
- Interest in international development efforts
- Knowledge of company’s main client and its operations preferred
- Ability to solve technical, managerial or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, resources, well-rounded experience, and knowledge
- English fluency required
- Demonstrate leadership, versatility and integrity
- Experience living or working in developing countries preferred
Apply through our Career Center at https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1&rid=2903 by February 8, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.