MSI is recruiting one or two Evaluation Specialists for an evaluation services task order issued under the US Department of State Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES) IDIQ Contract mechanism. This task order will procure evaluation services for the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in response to:
“The Department of State’s Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) is seeking proposals to evaluate its collaboration with the Government of Mexico on prisons programs.. the purpose of this evaluation is to inform INL’s future provision of effective prison assistance in Mexico. The evaluation will seek to develop an understanding of what was and was not effective in the program to date and translate that into specific recommendations for future program design and execution. A secondary purpose is to inform an INL-wide policy decision on whether accreditation is an effective approach to building international corrections capacities to hold inmates in safe, secure, humane, and transparent conditions.”
The Evaluation Specialists will support and help guide the evaluation design, data collection and analysis, plus report writing. This is a proposal opportunity at this time with a potential to lead to an employment opportunity In the near future.
The Evaluation Specialist (s) will support the team lead to ensure the submission of high-quality, relevant, accurate and timely deliverables responsive to task order and client needs.
- Provide expert guidance to support and direct the implementation of the task order contract, while ensuring compliance with DOS requirements and regulations and MSI policies and procedures.
- Advise the team on the evaluation design and management, and recommended evaluation tools, approaches, methodologies, and sampling frameworks.
- Play key role in planning for and carrying out data collection in up to 12 states in Mexico, focused on assessing levels of violence within prisons, inmate escapes, riots, recidivism, etc. Will create a retroactive control group if possible.
- Under the direction of the Team Lead, support development of evaluation tools, including details of data collection protocols for surveys, focus groups, key informant interviews and all other data collection instruments. Also manage collection of secondary data.
- Train others on team in data collection and analysis, as needed.
- Regularly incorporate input from Team Lead, subject matter experts, the client and MSI in evaluation design.
- Support a rigorous analysis of the data. Under the direction of the team lead, contribute to writing, and revising based on feedback, evaluation deliverables, which will likely include an evaluation report.
- Ensure analysis and reporting comply with DOS policies and evaluation industry best practices.
- Ensure adherence to high levels of Evaluation Ethics and Respondent Confidentiality.
- A master’s degree in a relevant social science, international relations, security studies, or a comparable discipline or relevant work experience;
- At least five years of experience in designing and managing program evaluations;
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook:
- Expertise in use of quantitative and qualitative data analysis software, such as SPSS, STATA, NVivo, Atlas Ti or similar;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in ways that enhance evaluation’s effectiveness;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish:
- Experience with Department of State evaluations preferred but not required:
- Experience participating in evaluations of security and/or criminal justice reform programs in Latin America, is a plus;
- Strong interpersonal, data management, reporting, writing and analytical skills; attention to detail and the ability to be flexible in a dynamic environment, exemplified self-management, project management and strategic thinking and the skills and ability to gather and maintain information; and
- Experienced communicating technical findings in a user-friendly manner with strong data visualizations and using research and evaluation results to foster learning, guide decision making and support programmatic strengthening.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.