CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, and medical research.
In support of the CAMRIS-implemented, USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity, we seek an Evaluation Team Lead for the upcoming Midterm Evaluation of USAID/Nepal’s Nepal Seed and Fertilizer (NSAF) project, which facilitates sustainable increases in national crop productivity and works to improve economic welfare and household-level food security in 21 districts in Nepal. The purpose of this evaluation is to better understand the extent to which aspects of the NSAF’s theory of change still hold, and to verify the performance of the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) according to its agreement parameters. Findings from the evaluation will be used to strengthen current activities, plan for future activities, and provide evidence of good practices to the broader stakeholder network in Nepal.
* Provide leadership, technical guidance and strategic support to the evaluation team.
* Lead the process with other members of the team to draft and finalize the evaluation design, data collection instruments, data analysis plan, data collection plan, workplan, oral briefing(s), and report.
* Provide quality control and respond to technical input from CAMRIS for all evaluation deliverables.
* Steer effective communication with other team members, the AOR/CORs, relevant USAID/Nepal and Implementing Partner staff, and external stakeholders.
* Coordinate closely with CAMRIS Kathmandu and HQ staff.
* Ensure quality and timely delivery of all deliverables.
* Present a PowerPoint (or similar) presentation on evaluation findings, conclusions, and recommendations to USAID/staff and implementing partners.
* Extensive experience working on or implementing agriculture activities
* A postgraduate degree in agricultural economics, economics, agribusiness, or a related field in social sciences, with at least 5 years of experience leading and/or evaluating agricultural market development activities for USAID or other donor agencies, preferably in Asia.
* Experience leading evaluations and assessments for USAID, and familiarity with current USAID evaluation policy and guidance.
* Experience in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies with a background in statistics and evaluation methods. This experience should include development of research questions, and critically examining the validity of results frameworks and theories of change within the context that projects are operating within.
* Experience in assessing the development of agricultural market systems in seed and/or fertilizer (or other agriculture inputs).
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; writing samples from recent evaluations or reports, and three professional references, will be requested.
About the OrganizationCAMRIS is known throughout the U.S. for its leading edge services to support our national programs and particularly for serving our Veterans. CAMRIS is also known worldwide for excellence serving client programs to improve economic, social, political, and health conditions of people in all parts of the world.
For 45 years, since our first contact with USAID in 1963 and with work in every year since, our most important partner in the international sphere has been the United States Agency for International Development (“USAID”). In fact, CAMRIS has worked with USAID in each year since its founding. Before USAID we assisted its predecessor organizations dating back to the Kennedy Administration in 1961, to address humanitarian needs and to counter instability posed by underdevelopment.
To date CAMRIS has carried out assignments for USAID in 50 countries in all regions and in many technical areas. Today CAMRIS continues this proud tradition as it works on significant USAID assignments in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our current work includes technical assistance to support major USAID-funded initiatives in the areas of Global Health, Democracy and Governance, Development, and Monitoring and Evaluation, and active assignments including several global initiatives and our present work in 24 countries (Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Botswana, Colombia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
ABOUT CAMRIS INTERNATIONAL
CAMRIS is an International Development Consulting Firm working within the public and private sectors to advance the human and institutional capacities of organizations and communities worldwide.
WHAT WE DO
We apply a combination of proven interdisciplinary, scientific and management approaches to identify, develop and implement the most effective solutions in support of our clients' program goals.
We do this most often in the areas of international development and global health, and selectively in additional areas where our cross-cutting capabilities are well suited to meet the needs of our clients.
We operate in all regions of the world, often in very challenging or austere conditions. At all times our focus is on evidence-based effectiveness, quality, reliability, and sustainability.
We successfully completed initiatives in nearly 80 countries to date.
* Short-Term and Long-Term Technical Assistance
* Program Management Services
* Institutional Support
* Research and Analytic Support
CORE PRACTICE AREAS
* Monitoring and Evaluation
* Capacity Building
* Project Design
* Knowledge Management
* Adaptive Technologies
* Democracy and Governance
* Infectious Diseases
CAMRIS has grown rapidly over the last 5 years to a peak of 200 staff, complemented by highly experienced consultants and collaborating partners and universities.
CAMRIS is headquartered in Bethesda, MD in the Washington DC metropolitan area, with remote offices, operations and worksites in various locations in the U.S. and overseas.