You: An enthusiastic event coordinator who is passionate about contributing your skills to an organization committed to global change.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world through our audience of one million aid workers and development professionals. An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona and Manila and reporters around the world.
Our diverse global team includes 100+ web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. We cover the most important issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time, and professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.
You will have an opportunity to grow and learn from sharp, committed colleagues, and be part of an innovative culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun). Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.
Why this position is great for you:
This is the ideal opportunity for someone who:
- Has solid event planning experience under their belt and wants to join a flourishing, globally minded team that is helping the most impactful organizations in the world “Do Good. Do It Well.”
- Enjoys managing details
- Is a strong written and verbal communicator
- Knows how to collaborate across teams
- Is interested in global affairs and international development
- Is ready to shine as part of a dynamic and growing social enterprise
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of the Devex LIVE Associate include…
Event Management and Production
- Design and create meaningful and innovative events to help Devex and our partners achieve our missions
- Find exciting and innovative venues and work with them to create the best event possible while working within budget and other logistical constraints
- Manage the nuts-and-bolts of Devex LIVE events - from vendor relationships, assembling event collateral, creating a detailed run of show for each event, managing day-of event logistics, and more
Speaker Outreach and Procurement
- Identify and manage communication with luminaries and other key stakeholders that – as speakers - will be the voice of Devex LIVE
External and Internal Communications
- Deliver the best experience possible to event attendees through effective communication and event marketing
- Ensure customer success through sponsor and underwriter management before and during each event
- Work across Devex Partnership and Editorial teams to ensure successful implementation of events
- Package and deliver post-event metrics
- Degree from accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in event management
- Meticulous attention to detail, initiative and the ability to manage multiple projects on different deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in event planning and global affairs
Besides the basic requirements, here’s what we’d love to see…
- Experience running online events such as webinars
- You not only know who the Gates Foundation, World Bank and World Health Organization are, but you also want to help them achieve their missions.
Interested? Get the conversation started by sending in your CV and cover letter now! Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world.