The PNG Education Support Services Program
Australia partners with the Government of PNG to support the implementation of extensive reform agendas for both basic and tertiary education. Education and Leadership forms a key aspect of the PNG-Australia Partnership, including under the Comprehensive Strategic and Economic Partnership (CSEP). The portfolio goal is: Papua New Guinea citizens gain the skills and knowledge to take advantage of employment and leadership opportunities and is focused on three priority areas:
· Foundations – supporting literacy and numeracy skills in the early years of school as the necessary foundation for progressing through schooling and into the workforce.
· Skills and Productivity – helping the tertiary sector to meet industry demand for skills in support of economic growth, resilience and to enable social mobility; and
· Leadership – supporting leadership capability, which is crucial for future governance and stability.
The ESS Program is designed to supply quality technical advice and capacity development support to the National Department of Education (NDOE) and Department of Higher Education Research Science and Technology (DHERST). It focuses support on areas that contribute to improving learning outcomes in the early grades, and skills and productivity in the post-secondary higher education sector.
The Advisors will deliver support to strengthen organisational capacity in DHERST and NDOE to implement key reforms in higher, technical, and basic education. ESS advisors will work across several organisational capability areas. ESS advisors are expected to provide quality expert and appropriate advice and apply principles of practice that engage senior leadership, promote collaboration, foster an inclusive corporate culture, and influence leadership commitment and engagement, strengthen operational processes and systems, and build a performance culture that continues to reflect and renew itself.
Area(s) of Expertise:
· National Labour Market Survey
· Legal Compliance and Policy (2)
· Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (3)
· Quality Assurance Systems
· Internal Quality Assurance and Systems Improvement
· School Assessments and Reporting
· Education Management Information System (EMIS) Data Utilisation
The successful Candidate will bring:
· Relevant mid and expert level technical and operational experience in the area of expertise
· Sound understanding of and ability to work within and/or influence government systems
· Demonstrated strong analytical and writing skills
· Strong engagement skills with a wide range of government, non-government and donor organisations; and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a cross-cultural context
· Experience working in PNG or the Pacific Region is highly desired
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria listed.
Further details for this opportunity can be found in the Information for Applicants available from the Careers page of Abt Associate’s website at:
Go to ‘Apply Now’, ‘Aus/UK Postings’ and by searching ‘By Country/ Region’ for Papua New Guinea, you will find this and all other roles currently being advertised for Abt Associates in PNG. Applications should be submitted online and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria, including questions of due diligence.
The closing date for applications is Monday, 31 May 2021 (Midnight, AEST).
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, gender and people with disabilities.
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted