SI is pursuing a bid for an upcoming Organizational Development Project (ODP) in Ethiopia. The project aims to provide continued support of the Mission’s Organizational Objectives of creating Mission of Leaders and support the Leadership Behavior Charter established by the Mission to include design and facilitation of both Mission-wide and team-centric events and activities; data collection and analysis of leadership values, behaviors, and goals; and individual, team, and executive coaching services.
SI seeks a full-time Facilitator/Trainer/Training Designer to facilitate training services and support staff in designing training and other professional development activities; and design, organize and facilitate internal and external USAID meetings, workshops, town halls, among other activities.
- Design and conduct/help conduct relevant program staff training courses that are substantive, engaging and motivating.
- Ensure program staff reinforce group training with individual training and complementing traditional “classroom” training with experiential, electronic and other innovative training approaches.
- Develop and facilitate peer-to-peer and other mentorship arrangements.
- Ensure activities are attuned to American and Ethiopian cultures.
- Develop the Mission’s internal capacity as well as Ethiopia’s capacity to facilitate, train, and design training courses.
- Bachelor’s degree most preferably in social sciences; and five years of experience acting as a facilitator, trainer or training designer.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and train large groups, culturally diverse groups, and groups of senior-level executives as well as experience with innovative training, facilitation approaches, and training designer.
- Prior experience working in the organizational development, adult learning, or related fields.
- Demonstrated skills in building, mobilizing, and working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
About the Organization
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.