The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, brings together many stakeholders to improve livelihoods, empower communities, strengthen civil society, support human rights, protect the environment and respond to natural disasters in Latin America and the Caribbean. Established by the Organization of American States in 1962, PADF has worked in every country in the region. In 2018 PADF reached more than 10.3 million people through sustainable development initiatives in Latin American and Caribbean countries.
PADF is looking for an energetic and committed individual to join its headquarters team, working closely with the Finance and Programs teams to assist with financial, accounting and grants and contracts tasks. PADF is a vibrant organization that allows its staff a hands-on, valuable opportunity to gain exposure to an international nonprofit working in the fields of:
- Economic opportunities, health, nutrition and education
- Democracy, governance and human rights
- Peace, justice and security; resilience
- Disaster management and climate adaptation.
Job Location and Period of Employment
Based in Washington, D.C. at PADF headquarters. Full-time position with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
Reports to PADF Director of Finance
Minimum knowledge requirements:
a) Education required – Level and field of study:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent on-the-job training. Coursework/training to develop knowledge of computer programs.
b) Years and type of practical experience required:
This position Requires at least 3-4 years in related experience. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collegially with Washington, D.C. and field staff.
c) Language proficiency required:
Fluency in English and Spanish required.
Work Skills Required:
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Computer skills including Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) preferred, plus Microsoft Excel and Word
- Demonstrated ability to work with others collaboratively and in a way that promotes adherence to PADF policies and Foundation procedures
- Knowledge of USG rules and regulations preferred
- Knowledge of online banking systems
- Ability to identify PADF project accounting problem areas so that issues are successfully addressed at the earliest date possible
- Strong work ethic
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in USG procurement and assistance compliancy
- Review and analyze project expenses versus actual expenses on a line by line and global budget basis to ensure funding for purchases
- Review program subgrantee reports and invoices from vendors.
- Review and prepare project cash flow needs to submit to finance for drawdown of funds from federal agencies
- Review Requests for Disbursement for project expense needs
- Process domestic and international electronic wire transfers (pertaining to vendors)
- Develop and adhere to A/P monthly closing procedures
- Assist with other financial and accounting matters as needed
About the Organization
Created in 1962 through a unique agreement between the Organization of American States (OAS) and the private sector, the Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) is an independent, non-profit organization 501(c)(3) that creates public-private partnerships to assist the least advantaged people in Latin America and the Caribbean. Having worked in every country in the region, PADF engages community-based groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), public and private sector in the process of implementing appropriate solutions for sustainable development. The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) empowers disadvantaged people and communities in Latin America and the Caribbean to achieve sustainable economic and social progress, strengthen their communities and civil society, and prepare for and respond to natural disasters and other humanitarian crises, thereby advancing the principles of the Organization of the American States (OAS).