The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) believes in creating a hemisphere of opportunity for all. We work across Latin America and the Caribbean to make our region stronger—more healthy, peaceful, just, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable for current and future generations. For nearly 60 years, we have served the most vulnerable communities, investing resources throughout the hemisphere. We partner with and enable civil society, governments, and the private sector for the greater good of the region.
PADF is looking for an energetic and committed individual to join its headquarters team, working closely with the Finance and Programs teams to assist with financial, accounting and grants, and contracts tasks. PADF is a vibrant organization that allows its staff a hands-on, valuable opportunity to gain exposure in an international development nonprofit organization.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, in close coordination with the Director of Finance and working closely with headquarters and field staff, the Finance Coordinator will play a contributing role in:
· Providing support in USG procurement and compliance assistance.
· Reviewing and analyzing project expenses versus actual expenses on a line-by-line and global budget basis to ensure funding for purchases.
· Reviewing program subgrantee reports and invoices from vendors.
· Reviewing and prepare project cash flow needs to submit to finance for drawdown of funds from federal agencies.
· Reviewing and executing requests for disbursement for project expense needs.
· Processing domestic and international electronic wire transfers.
· Developing and adhere to A/P monthly closing procedures.
· Assisting with other financial and accounting matters as needed.
· Diligence & strict attention to detail.
· Technology savvy (knowledge and proficiency in systems like PowerBI, SharePoint, and Unit4 are highly desirable).
· Learning agility.
· Strong focus on deliverables and results.
· Interpersonal and diplomatic skills – To be an effective Finance Coordinator, the person in this role must have the ability to build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships across the organization.
· Efficiency – Nonprofits operate in a context where it is essential to be able to do more with less while keeping high-quality standards. The Finance Coordinator must be a master of efficiency, use their own time and resources with the most impact, prioritize and simultaneously handle multiple tasks, and adhere to deadlines.
· Communication – The Finance Coordinator must communicate with clarity, completeness, and brevity, whether verbally or in writing.
· Energy, sense of urgency, and passion for social impact – Innate sense of urgency, the drive and perseverance to find opportunities for improvement and get it done. Ability to work independently without requiring heavy supervision. Interest in empowering vulnerable communities in Latin American and the Caribbean and/or nonprofit operations is a plus.
· Tech-savvy - The candidate will be highly skilled at leveraging technology to implement finance processes across the hemisphere.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent on-the-job training. Coursework/training to develop knowledge of computer programs.
· Fluency in English and Spanish.
· At least 3-4 years in related experience.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collegially with Washington, D.C., and field staff
This a temporarily remote position while COVID-19 restrictions are still in place. Afterward, this position will operate from PADF’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
More About PADF
PADF is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established by the Organization of American States (OAS) in 1962.
PADF’s core values are “H-E-A-R-T” = Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork.
PADF is strong because we are diverse. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. PADF does not discriminate based on ability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity. Our employees include people who are parents and nonparents, the self-taught and university educated, and from a wide span of cultures, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, and perspectives on the world.
PADF is an equal opportunity employer.