Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for a full-time permanent Finance Manager position.
The Finance Manager provides oversight and financial management for field operations. The role requires timely, accurate financial reporting to a variety of stakeholders. The position helps to ensure the overall success of MEDA’s finance, accounting and compliance functions. This role requires regular travel, 40-65 days per year, to developing countries. The ideal start date is December 2019.
Completing donor financial reporting and forecasting for MEDA’s projects worldwide
- Establishing and monitoring accounting systems for MEDA field programs and provide training to field staff
- Facilitating variance analysis between budgeted costs and actual costs
- Providing budgeting assistance and expertise to Project Managers to inform financial decision making
- Preparing financial reports for donors which are accurate and compliant with contract terms
Field financial management
- Training field office staff in local accounting software systems and financial processes
- Reviewing monthly financial statement packages and supporting schedules from field offices
- Preparing journal entries required to reconcile field program advances, deferred revenue and expenses to MEDA general ledger
Contributing to year-end and quarterly financial reporting
- Managing inter-company and deferred revenue accounts
- Providing support and facilitating year-end audit; ensuring all timelines are met
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- University degree in finance, accounting or related field
- Minimum three years accounting experience in related field
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s mission, vision and values
- Experience in financial management of government awards (GAC, USAID, other donors)
- Working knowledge of accounting software (Sage 300 is preferred) and demonstrated aptitude with finance and accounting
- Team player with excellent skills in building and maintaining relationships and networking
- Ability and willingness for regular travel to developing countries (up to 40-65 days annually)
- Superior organizational skills and proficiency in managing competing priorities
- Experience in preparing financial, budget, and analytical reports for communication to a variety of audiences
- Understanding of international donor funding and compliance requirements
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 9, 2019 @ 4:30pm EST.
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring accommodation make their needs known in advance.
About the Organization
MEDA is an association of compassionate women and men who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To learn more about MEDA and our work, please visit www.meda.org.