The Finance Officer will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate payment, receipt and recording of the program’s finances by:
- Supporting the Finance Coordinator in the accurate, efficient and compliant operation of all project finance functions on GfD
- Administering routine finance functions, ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with established procedures and systems.
- Ensuring compliance with financial management rules, regulations and policies, including anti-fraud policies of Cardno and the Australian Government.
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: https://www.cardno.com/media/6180/gfd174-finance-officer-les-final.pdf
You will be a motivated and proactive Finance Officer with expertise in bookkeeping, who has the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- Qualifications in Bookkeeping, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Minimum three years of relevant experience:
- Bookkeeping using computer-based accounting software (such as MYOB or Quickbooks).
- Management of payroll, AP and AR functions
- Management of financial records
- Advanced Excel skills with proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications.
- Good oral and written communication skills in Tetum and English.
- Previous experience working on Australian aid projects.
- Previous experience working with an international organisation or NGO
- Experience working with Government partners.
A competitive salary package will be offered to the successful candidate.
About the program
Cardno Emerging Markets supports the implementation of the Governance for Development (GfD) Program on behalf of the Australian Government.
The objective of the GfD program is to support the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL) to achieve sustainable economic and human development as detailed in its Strategic Development Plan (SDP) 2011-2030. GfD supports the development of fiscal and economic frameworks that aim to deliver sustainable government finances, promote economic growth and meet social needs.
To achieve its development targets, Timor-Leste is striving to improve the performance of its government agencies. The core work under GfD is with central agencies to improve policy development and systems that are most important to economic management and service delivery. The key agencies that GfD supports are:
- Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) – Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Unit (UPMA) and Economic Unit
- Civil Service Commission
- Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Ministry for the Coordination of Economic Affairs
- Selected Line Ministries and Autonomous Agencies, including the Autoridade da Aviação Civil de Timor-Leste (AACTL)
How to apply?
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Click the “apply” button to submit your application online with the reference number GfD174 by Saturday 8 August 2020, 23:55pm. Your application must include the following:
- Your CV, outlining your work history and experience.
- A cover letter of no more than two (2) pages outlining how you can fulfil the requirements of the position.
- Name and contact details (phone and email) of three referees
For any enquiries about this position, please contact email@example.com quoting “GfD174 – Finance Officer” in your email subject line.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer. Any offer of employment will require criminal record clearance.
About the Organization
Cardno is a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) manages a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Partnering with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.