Macfadden, now part of PAE, is seeking a Drupal Web Developer to support USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI). In this position, you will have the opportunity to build new web applications; as well as maintain current applications using the latest frameworks and technologies available to achieve desired business outcomes. You will build custom web applications to user specifications while working with other developers on the team. This position requires a degree of skill in custom web application development. OTI is a fast-paced, exciting office where you will have the opportunity to be part of an elite team on the cutting edge of emerging issues around the world.
- Produce project solutions within the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), through working sessions with IT Team and stakeholders
- Contribute to design meetings and make recommendations for new IT software initiatives to support and enhance our existing systems.
- Support concurrent initiatives specific to infrastructure and software development
- Maintain technical documentation for new and existing applications
- Develop APIs as relating to decoupled apps or service oriented architecture
- Work with end users to determine system requirements and updates
- Adapt to new languages, methodologies, and platforms to meet the needs of the project
- Perform quality control on all products and deliverables to ensure product releases are fully documented, participate in the design of test plans
- Support the installation of software components in testing and production environments
- Work with users to finalize system requirements and updates
- Support project plans and ensuring timely delivery, issue escalation/reporting
- Assist in other reasonable IT tasks as assigned by supervisor
- BS Degree, MS Degree or less than BS Degree with 1-5 years of experience
- BS Degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field, OR, High School GED with additional work experience related to the duties of the position.
- Must have experience in OOP (Object-Oriented-Programming), ability to adhere to coding and documentation standards
- Must be organized and work well in a team setting. Be open to feedback from others and give honest non-judgmental feedback to others.
- Experience working in LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL-MariaDB/PHP) stack.
- Drupal 7 and 8
- Have worked with ticketing and version control services, e.g. Jira, Bitbucket/Github (Git)
- Knowledge of SDLC, Agile/Scrum, Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins)
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored security clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
About the Organization
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. Government, its allied partners and international organizations. As it enters its 60th year of business, PAE’s current portfolio includes capabilities in critical facility infrastructure, aviation, logistics, training, range operations and national security solutions, to support some of the most meaningful and exciting missions in the world.
Today, the approximately 20,000 members of our global workforce perform with excellence and dedication in roughly 60 countries, on all seven continents, in some of the world's most challenging regions. We attribute our success to the quality of our work and the integrity and high ethical standards that define our business operations. PAE is headquartered in Arlington, Va.