Chemonics seeks a Full Stack Developer Consultant / Consultancy Group for their Global Health Supply Chain-Technical Assistance (GHSC-TA), Francophone Task Order (TO) project in Togo. Currently, the monthly reporting system in Togo is based on a manual process although at the national level the Electronic Dispensing Tool (EDT) has been chosen as the dispensing tool that compiles essential data related to the supply chain at health facility level.
While the EDT is a reliable dispensing tool, it does not allow aggregation, centralization or performing relevant analyzes as it is stand-alone software. In order to address these barriers, the Full Stack Developer Consultant / Consultancy Group will support the Ministry of Health to improve the reporting system in Togo. S/he will establish or develop an application that will ensure a synchronization between the EDT and the District Health Information Software 2 (DHIS2) platform tool to automate the reporting process of supply chain data at facility level and to allow better visibility through sharing of timely reports and improve the centralization, aggregation of supply chain data. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Analyze the functionality of EDT and develop an UML design of the full-stack application that will ensure the linkage (utilization case diagram and classes diagram)
- Develop a project plan (planned timeline, methodology, approach) to design relational database, then deploy it on the server
- Develop the application and assure its proper functionality
- Develop a user manual to document and describe processes, data flows, definitions, and maintenance requirements
- Install and test the functionality of the application in all project supported sites
- Conduct a follow up session for site reporting
- Train a pool of trainers on how to use the application and identify and act upon opportunities to improve the system process flow
- Support a pool of trainers to train national and regional teams on the use of the application
- Any additional training materials necessary to hand over administration of the application and reports to a pool of trainers, including instructions for use documents and presentations
- Work closely with the GHSC-TA Francophone TO to effectively implement the application
- Advanced degree in informational technology, computer science, statistics or a related field
- Minimum of five years experience as a software developer designing and implementing web applications
- Experience with EDT and DHIS2
- Experience building applications and designing relational databases
- Experience with UML diagram models and refresh/update processes
- Experience designing a data management plan to ensure proper data storage and backup
- Exhibits strong attention to detail in technical applications and written instructions
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- French language proficiency required
Please prepare a technical proposal comprised of the following information:
- A brief outline of the overall approach and proposed methodology and tools to produce the identified deliverables
- A project Gantt chart showing details for the realization of the application. The schedule proposed should include time for briefing and debriefing with GHSC-TA Francophone TO Togo office
- One sample report highlighting experience relevant to this consultancy
- A profile of the proposed evaluation team, including key roles and responsibilities
- Curriculum vitae (max. 3 to 4 pages highlighting work experience and qualifications relevant to this consultancy)
- Full contact details of at least two references from among recent clients/line managers
- A financial offer, with breakdowns by key deliverables and estimated number of days (LOE)
Please send your proposal in French in an email with Full Stack Developer Consultant / Consultancy Group in the subject line to francophoneTOTogoRecruit@chemonics.com by 5pm GMT August, 7, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Applications will be assessed based on the quality of the proposal, ability to meet requirements above, and overall budget. Chemonics International reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal received without giving reasons and is not bound to accept the lowest or the highest bidder.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.