Transtec provides short-term expertise for the European Union under the SIEA framework contracts, FWC Service for the implementation of External Aid (FWC SIEA 2018) - EuropeAid/138778/DH/SER/Multi.
Under this particular advert we invite experts interested in Lot 6 opportunities (Lot 6 – Innovative financing for Development) and in possession of both the required technical expertise and priority sectors here listed to register or update their profile in our database of consultants.
List of sectors - Technical description
1. Economic, financial, technical and legal experts on Finance Products and Structures (different forms, different objectives)
- Structured Funds
- Project Finance and Public Private Partnerships
- Corporate Finance
- MSME (Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises) Finance
- Equity, quasi-equity, mezzanine finance products
- Guarantee, insurance, and other risk sharing mechanism (set-up and management)
- Risk (public, commercial; financial, non-financial) analysis and assessment, rating methodology, risk pricing for finance products and structures; risk management and portfolio approaches for self-sustainable finance solutions; risk tranching/ layering/ water fall mechanisms; risk mitigation vs. risk-sharing
- Local currency finance
- Disaster risk reduction finance mechanism, resilience enhancing mechanisms
- Bonds and securitisation
2. Economic, financial, technical and legal experts on Financiers/Risk Takers
- Role of private sector investors: international, national, local
- Role of local finance markets, local banks, micro finance institutions
- Role of export credit agencies
- Role of insurance industry (international, national)
- Role of institutional investors (public, private, pension funds)
3. Economic, financial, technical and legal experts on Markets and financing needs/gaps
- Public policy objectives (development impact) and private market interests (profits)
- Definition of markets and of market failure
- Definition and assessment of additionality, crowding-in and crowding out
- Assessment of economic and financial viability vs. need for grants; financial and economic project sustainability
- Rationale for the use of grants as incentives/to fill gaps: investment grants, interest-rate subsidies, technical assistance, fee/premia cost cover subsidy
4. Economic, financial, technical and legal experts on Policy Issues
- Operationalizing Addis Abeba: public resource mobilization through infrastructure investment and job creation/taxable revenue generation; domestic and international private business support and finance
- Debt, debt sustainability, and concessionality
- Public investment/asset management
- Sovereign bonds, the future of Paris Club in light of capital market investors ODA (Official Development Assistance), TOSSD (Total Official Support for Sustainable Development) and other OECD DAC (OECD Development Assistance Committee) issues
- Blended finance
5. Economic, financial, technical and legal experts on Legal, institutional and procedural issues
List of Expertise
- Legal and institutional framework/environment
- Regulatory, legal and institutional bottlenecks for investments
- Legal documentation and templates of finance products and structures including guarantees, insurances, other risk sharing mechanisms as well as of EU funded grants, financial instruments and budgetary guarantees under the EU financial regulation and other EU legislation as used in blended finance
- Effective indicators, results monitoring, impact assessment
Each lot is expected to support and advise Commission services (Headquarters and EU Delegations) and/or Partner Countries/Organisations along the entire cycle of operations (from design to implementation and evaluation of EU interventions) by providing technical inputs and by assisting in carrying out analysis, studies and providing opinions and advice. To this end, each lot should incorporate expertise related to a number of horizontal aspects/tasks, such as:
- Analytical studies (e.g. feasibility studies, institutional/stakeholder analysis, political and economic analysis, strategic environmental assessments, environmental impact assessments, climate risk assessments, intervention logic and logical framework approach/theory of change, economic analysis, data collection and analysis, performance measurement and indicators, monitoring and evaluation systems). This will also include mainstreaming of crosscutting issues (climate change, environment, resilience, youth, gender, disabilities and more broadly rights based approach), analysis of legislation, regulations and law enforcement, legislative gap analysis, etc.
- Policy-related analysis (e.g. gender analysis, do- no-harm and conflict-sensitivity analysis, religious dynamics assessments) and design. This will also include mainstreaming of crosscutting issues.
- Technical inputs (e.g. technical annexes for works and supplies)
- Evaluation of offers; assessment of grant proposals
- Evaluations (e.g. mid-term, final and ex-post, impact evaluations, including of budget support programmes)
- Public financial management and domestic revenue mobilisation, including at sector level and at subnational government level
- Investment financing
- Capacity development and institutional strengthening
- Training and research
- Awareness-raising (incl. information and communication)
Kindly note this announcement is a general call and is not a request for a specific mission / assignment.
About the Organization
Transtec puts an emphasis on development processes, acting as a virtuous circle to reach the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Working with local actors and the international community, we deliver quality, context-driven development solutions across the intervention cycle - breaking poverty and building prosperous stable communities.
We are committed to making a difference by ensuring that aid effectiveness constitutes the single and most important focus in our interventions. This is achieved by incorporating Quality Assurance mechanisms at each phase of project and programme implementation and ensuring compliance with requested standards and expected results. In doing so, we build on our 30 years of Knowledge Management maintained by our personnel, projects, programmes and experiences.
We hence provide a full range of high level technical services in project and programme design and management, framework contracts, long term agreements management and cutting edge monitoring and evaluation solutions to multilateral partner organisations including the European Investment Bank, the United Nations (UNDEF, UNHCR, WFP, UNICEF, UNDP), the World Bank, the African Development Bank, and national official development agencies including the UK Department for International Development (DfID), the Belgian Technical Cooperation (BTC), the French Agency for Development (AFD), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), the Swedish International Development Cooperation (SIDA) and the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCA).
We are constantly searching for innovative and creative solutions that will support our interventions.