Chemonics International seeks a gender and disability inclusion advisor for the upcoming USAID-funded education activity in Bangladesh. The anticipated Shekhar Jonno Pori (“Read to Learn”) activity is a five-year, $50-$99 million USAID-funded program. The primary purpose of the activity is to provide direct technical assistance to the Bangladeshi government and its sector-wide Fourth Primary Education Development Program, schools, and teachers to improve early grade reading outcomes. This position, a mid-level technical role, is contingent upon donor approval and funding. The gender and disability inclusion advisor will report to the senior education advisor. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Ensure the accessibility of quality education for all children of the target districts, irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, social background, language, and physical disability
- Promote inclusive education methodologies, principles, and practices at pre-primary, primary, and secondary levels in project activities
- Create an inclusive education environment where children, especially girls and special-needs children, can attend, stay in school longer, and receive quality education
- Advanced degree in inclusive education and related areas preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience of in-service or pre-service teacher training at pre-primary and primary education levels
- Experience training teachers at the pre-primary and primary or secondary level
- Proven experience developing, implementing, and coordinating inclusive education projects and training materials
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Experience working on international donor-funded projects strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English
Please send an email with an electronic copy of your CV and cover letter attached and “Gender and Disability Inclusion Advisor” in the subject line to BangladeshRLArecruit@chemonics.com by June 16, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.