Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Gender and Women’s Empowerment Specialist position on a USAID and PepsiCo co-funded program in West Bengal, India.
Position Description/Summary: The purpose of the Gender and Women’s Economic Empowerment Specialist position is to provide strategic support to design and implement gender and women’s empowerment activities in three districts of West Bengal, India for USAID and PepsiCo. The position will be full time, based in Kolkata (West Bengal), for an initial period of one year, with the potential for an extension up to four years. The project will require significant (up to 75%) travel in three pilot districts (Bankura, Hooghly and Bardhaman).
* Ensuring that USAID gender policies, frameworks, and best practices are applied throughout project activities;
* Reviewing project scopes of work, training programs, deliverables, and other written materials to ensure that gender and women’s economic empowerment are well-integrated;
* Training ILRG staff on gender considerations and women’s economic empowerment and providing ongoing support;
* Supporting project monitoring and evaluation to ensure it is gender-responsive and includes indicators aimed at capturing the project’s gender and women’s empowerment related outputs and outcomes;
* Working with other project and partner staff to ensure that successful activities and methodologies for women’s economic empowerment are well-documented and disseminated;
* Overseeing baseline and endline assessments for women’s empowerment indicators in project pilot communities using the project-level Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index;
* Coordinating training events adapting and using Gender Action Learning System (GALS) tools and Empowered Entrepreneurship Training tools to train women and men in each pilot community. This may involve directly leading the process or coordinating a subcontract with existing practitioners;
* Developing key messages and content for creative communications tools to reach women in their daily activities, and work with local subcontractors to ensure communications tools help improve knowledge, attitudes, and practices related to women’s empowerment;
* Working with the PepsiCo team, developing a joint program to support gender integration into existing and new PepsiCo extension materials and monitoring practices that does not distract from the daily focus of the PepsiCo India team;
* Leading the gender integration program for PepsiCo India staff;
* Reviewing existing PepsiCo extension and outreach materials and suggest revisions or develop new stand-alone materials and discuss with PepsiCo India staff;
* Developing curriculum and training materials for PepsiCo staff on gender-sensitive, women’s empowerment approaches and training PepsiCo India staff, Control Union agents, and others, and subsequently updating and adapting the materials as needed based on participant feedback;
* Contributing to an analysis of PepsiCo gender and women’s empowerment partnership opportunities;
* Staying up-to-date on existing and new gender integration and women’s economic empowerment tools and best practices being developed and used by NGOs and other stakeholders, and identifying those which might be incorporated into the pilot program; and
* Carrying out other appropriate activities that will contribute to project success, as requested by the ILRG Country Coordinator or Task Manager.
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
*Bachelors’ Degree in sociology, rural development, women’s empowerment, or similar field. Masters’ Degree preferred.
*At least 7 years’ experience implementing gender and women’s economic empowerment programs in India; familiarity with USAID gender and women’s empowerment approaches and global best practices preferred;
*Experience in rural development, agriculture or private sector engagement in India preferred.
*Experience with community level work and excellent training skills required.
*English and Bengali language skills (read, write and speaking) required.
*This position is only open to Indian citizens.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.