The Graphic Design and Communications Specialist will support USAID Data Services with broadly marketing, promoting, and raising internal and public awareness of the products and services outlined in ADVISE. The Graphic Design and Communications Specialist will be responsible for creating written and graphical materials (printed and digital) to support the overarching communication goals of USAID Data Services and be capable of using proven techniques to generate a growing interest and awareness of these efforts. The Graphic Design and Communications Specialist will report to the Communication Manager.
This position will be expected to maintain a strong understanding of the USAID mission, its vision and values to build awareness around ADVISE’s capabilities. The candidate should have interest and experience in international development, socioeconomic data, and foreign policy issues.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and help market materials such as, but not necessarily limited to newsletters, brochures, flyers, banners, fact sheets, presentations, and templates.
- Produce compelling infographics and visual images, employing various advertising techniques, editing digital images and products, working with advanced graphic design software, and preparing materials for bulk professional printing or digital distribution.
- Develop strategies related to visual design and web development, brand development, promotion, and engagement.
- Contribute to social media strategy and content development
- Have strong familiarity with copyright restrictions, digital image licensing and other intellectual property issues.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in communications marketing or related area, graduate degree in a related area is preferred.
- Minimum three to five years of relevant work experience.
- A strong portfolio with a variety of samples required, including samples of infographics and data visualizations.
- Interest in writing, content development, and social media preferred
- Skills: Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator; experienced in social media management and engagement tools such as Hootsuite. Excellent writing and communications skills (written and verbal) and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals; ability to work independently and in a team environment.
The applicant must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for the required U.S. government security clearance for this project.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm and small business dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.