The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was created to help foster social and economic development, create wealth, and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors. As a new addition to the global multilateral development bank (MDB) family, AIIB works closely with other multilateral and bilateral institutions as well as the private sector to improve infrastructure by promoting regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB has 103 members, including 21 prospective members, and has an authorized capital of USD100 billion, of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple-A-rated institution.
The main responsibilities of the Head of Compliance and Integrity Risk are (1) to guide the Bank’s processes with regard to Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Countering Financing of Terrorism (CFT), (2) to manage issues related to relevant financial and economic sanctions schemes, and (3) to conduct integrity due diligence on the Bank’s counterparties and clients. Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, you will be leading a motivated young team of compliance professionals, while applying global best practices.
- Implement rules and processes to ensure that the highest standards of KYC are applied to various AIIB activities.
- Contribute to the development of AIIB’s policies and practices regarding different sanctions regimes, AML/CFT prevention and its own due diligence pertaining to counterparties and clients’ review.
- Review compliance of AIIB’s investments with relevant regulations and integrity matters.
- Maintain and update AIIB’s knowledge database on relevant global compliance issues, such as AML and CFT, and develop and maintain positive professional partnerships with relevant partner institutions.
- Work with relevant AIIB departments to ensure that staff are well-versed regarding client and counterparties’ due diligence processes and provide relevant training programs to increase employee awareness and knowledge.
- Liaise with multilateral and bilateral partners and AIIB members to improve the relevant compliance functions of AIIB.
- Keep abreast of the latest regulatory developments and advise internal stakeholders on their implications and specific business impacts on AIIB.
- Develop practical mechanisms to ensure that AIIB’s operations comply with global AML and CFT requirements.
- Provide advice and expertise on assessing and evaluating reputational risks relating to compliance and integrity issues pertaining to AIIB’s investments.
- Advise and assist operational staff with conducting KYC due diligence on relevant AIIB counterparties in respect to proposed and ongoing activities.
- Minimum 10-15 years of relevant experience in the compliance field related to AML/CFT and preferably with a multilateral or bilateral development institution or financial institution (IFI) experience in two or more regions, including Asia.
- Working knowledge of development financing compliance rules and regulations with a specific working knowledge of Currency and Foreign Transactions Reporting, OFAC, UN Embargo, EU Embargo, and other regional regulations around compliance.
- Significant experience with KYC, AML, CFT and policy compliance best practices, especially in an IFI environment.
- Demonstrated track record in compliance on a global scale.
- Ability to interpret complex regulatory requirements and create appropriate policies, procedures and training materials.
- Ability to interpret regulatory requirements that are of relevance to AIIB investments.
- Ability to collaborate seamlessly across boundaries.
- Proven leadership skills with a passion for mentoring.
- Strong English writing and verbal communication skills with experience in writing high-level reports for senior management.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural organization.
- Strong organizational skills and proven track record of results.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in law, public policy, business, accounting or finance from a reputable university, with financial institution compliance certification credentials (required).
- Candidates are encouraged to submit written work on a relevant topic alongside the application.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 103 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.