Chemonics seeks an information and communications technology (ICT) specialist for the upcoming USAID-funded education activity in Bangladesh. The anticipated Shekhar Jonno Pori (“Read to Learn”) activity is a five-year, $50-$99 million USAID-funded program. The primary purpose of the activity is to provide direct technical assistance to the Bangladeshi government and its sector-wide Fourth Primary Education Development Program, schools, and teachers to improve early grade reading outcomes. This position, a mid-level technical role, is contingent upon donor approval and funding. The ICT specialist will report to the director of monitoring and evaluation. CVs will be reviewed and considered for multiple positions. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Develop approaches to integrate ICT into project activities, ensuring systems are consistently used and implemented
- Identify needs and opportunities across the project’s technical components to be addressed through ICT solutions
- Design and implement technology-enabled programming based on established ICT standards and procedures
- Build capacity of staff, partners, and grantees to use ICT tools to achieve project objectives
- Develop links with communications service providers and technology companies to identify opportunities to incorporate and implement ICT
- Advanced degree in computer science or a related field preferred
- Minimum of six years of relevant experience, preferably in applying technology to international development, education, or organizational development
- Experience working with technology vendors and consultants preferred
- Experience designing and implementing databases and mobile technology preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Experience working on international donor-funded projects strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English
Please send an email with an electronic CV and cover letter attached and “ICT Specialist” in the subject line to BangladeshRLArecruit@chemonics.com by June 16, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.