Investment Advisor - Armenia Business Enabling Environment Activity
Position: Investment Advisor
Period of Performance: Short-term, level of effort will be 40 days within a 6-month period, with the possibility of extension.
International Development Group LLC (IDG) is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to achieve sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. International Development Group LLC is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Investment Advisor for its Armenia Business Enabling Environment (ABEE) activity. The ABEE activity is a Buy-In from USAID Armenia to USAID’s Economic Development, Governance, and Enterprise Growth (EDGE) project.
The purpose of the two year ABEE activity is to support the Government of Armenia (GOAM), the Armenian private sector, civil society, and other relevant stakeholders to improve the policies, laws, and regulations (PLR) necessary to foster a climate for competitiveness, investment, and trade through public-private dialogue. It is expected that this activity will contribute to improved enabling environment for trade and investment and increased competitiveness of Armenian private sector in a way that will promote inclusive and sustainable economic recovery and growth and move Armenia along its path to self-reliance and economic security.
The Investment Advisor will be responsible for supporting the GOAM efforts in attracting new investment and promoting and facilitating investment through various activities, working with relevant GOAM, Ministry of Economy (MOE) and Investment Promotion Center counterparts by providing technical assistance and advisory services, strengthening their capacity for investment facilitation and promotion activities.
This position is short-term, and the level of effort will be 40 days within a 6-month period, with the possibility of extension. The Advisor must be able to begin work remotely, with a possible trip to Armenia once travel restrictions are lifted and the situation with COVID-19 is improved.
The Advisor will be engaged in the following activities:
- Supporting the Ministry of Economy of Armenia in developing and finalizing an Investment Map which lays out the key strategies for attracting investment in Armenia;
- Working with the ABEE team and GOAM authorities to identify potential investment opportunities within targeted sectors and industries;
- Preparing and making individual and group presentations on investment opportunities in Armenia within targeted sectors;
Assisting the MOE and the Investment Promotion Center in preparing promotional packages for various areas and commodities;
- Supporting GOAM in organizing possible investment conferences, trade shows, and other events with potential investors in Armenia and other;
- Providing expert advice to the GOAM on investment-related policies, laws, and regulations (PLR);
- Assisting the management and the staff of the Investment Promotion Center in developing, and implementing a strategic investment promotion plan;
- Reporting weekly on activities and progress to the ABEE Project Director and USAID.
- Advanced degree (Master’s or equivalent) from a recognized university in economics, public administration, business management, law, social sciences, or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the technical area of investment promotion and facilitation; investment policies, strategies and processes.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in one or more countries in the Europe & Eurasia region required. Experience in the Caucasus region preferred but not required.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work remotely and independently.
- Professional level of verbal and written fluency in English required. Knowledge of Armenian and Russian is preferred but not required.
- Proficient computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office.
- Must be willing to travel within Armenia if needed.
About the Organization
International Development Group LLC is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to create and take advantage of opportunities for sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. IDG provides entrepreneurs and policymakers with the practical tools needed to achieve real and measurable impact for their communities and countries. IDG assistance programs aim to build the capacity, skills, and knowledge of local individuals and institutions in the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors, fostering synergies between local knowledge and international experience.