We are looking for a JUNIOR – NON-KEY EXPERT (m/f/d) based in Indonesia for the project SWITCH Asia - SCP Facility, funded by the European Union
The overall objective of the project
Enhancing Sustainable Consumption and Production through the implementation of Green/Sustainable Public Procurement and the preparation of a long-term action plan for Green/Sustainable Public Procurement in Indonesia.
- Preparing and conducting market readiness analyses and develop respective G/SPP Plans for two pilot sectors (selected product groups in the wooden furniture and paper industry)
- Preparing a mutual medium-term agreement between industry and government (G/SPP Plan) through organization of multi-stakeholder events for experience exchange and knowledge dissemination among Indonesian stakeholders and with contribution of selected practitioners from ASEAN and European member states
- Designing tools and support a capacity building plan which serve the institutionalization of the market readiness analysis and the industry-specific G/SPP Plans, and providing inputs to preparing the detailed G/SPP LTAP
- Master’s degree or higher in academic of environmental study, economic, social and sustainable development policies, management and natural resources or any relevant education certified by qualified university (Study in Supply Chain Management, circular economy, or similar is a plus).
- At least 5 years’ work experiences in national and international development context, especially with South East Asia and the EU in relevant fields on SCP/ Circular Economy/ Low Carbon Economy/ Green Growth Development Policy/Resource Efficiency.
- Proven working experience in the areas of SCP, in particular on having expertise to assess the current state of SCP instruments, including the implementation of Green/Sustainable Public procurement and sustainable value-chain and production systems of products and services.
- Familiarity with the Indonesian SCP context, especially on SPP and GPP, as well as eco-labelling, responsible business, sustainability policies, public management, governance and monitoring.
- A good understanding of paper or furniture industry supply chain as well as the challenges of global supply chains (including social/environmental compliance) is essential; familiarity with Indonesian industry players of pulp and paper industry and (wooden) furniture industry. Knowledge about relevant sustainability reporting and verification systems is a plus.
- Experience in SME promotion, knowledge of Indonesian SME landscape (character, products, business models, etc.).
- Experience in economic and financial data gathering and analysis.
- Working experience with the key-stakeholder (KLHK and/or LKPP) is an asset.
- Expertise to organize and facilitate workshops for multi-stakeholder consultation and capacity building activities for different stakeholders to promote sustainable production.
- Expertise in developing knowledge products, including user-friendly design.
- Excellent English and Bahasa proficiency skills.
Location Home-based and Indonesia
Start date & period of implementation
March 2020 – March 2021
About the Organization
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.