TechnoServe is seeking a strategic organizer for the position of Knowledge Management Manager to work with TechnoServe’s Chief Transformation Officer, based in Arlington, VA. This individual should be creative, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic about all things learning.
The Knowledge Management Manager will be responsible for improving access to knowledge across the organization so that we may efficiently and effectively scale TechnoServe’s impact and improve the lives of millions of people living in the world’s poorest places. The position will assess current knowledge management practice and build upon that with the goal of establishing, refining and continuously improving TechnoServe’s knowledge management approach, putting in place systems and processes that enhance knowledge collection, cataloguing and retrieval. The position promotes and contributes to a culture of knowledge-sharing, including best practices, lessons learned and results.
TechnoServe is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty. A nonprofit organization operating in 29 countries, we work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. By linking people to information, capital and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities.
Founded over 50 years ago, TechnoServe has been named the #1 nonprofit for fighting poverty by the ImpactMatters charity ratings agency.
- Identify and stay current with most prevalent and useful approaches – internal and more broadly in the industry - to sharing and accessing knowledge
- Identify highest priority employee needs with regard to information availability and accessibility
- Establish and continuously improve overall knowledge management approach that complements that organization’s strategy and business goals
- Establish and manage a systematic approach to and tools for knowledge capture, curation, cataloguing and retrieval
- In partnership with TechnoServe’s IT department contribute to the continued improvement/development of knowledge-sharing systems
- Work with TechnoServe’s Chief Transformation Officer to promote content creation and utilization by HQ and field teams
- Train/educate staff on knowledge management practices, systems and tools
- Promote a culture of continuous knowledge sharing, developing sustainable approaches to content generation and information use
We’re looking for someone with integrity and passion about our mission that possesses the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or library sciences and at least five years of relevant experience in knowledge management with demonstrated track record of increased responsibility; or master’s degree in related field and at least three years of relevant experience.
- Excellent technical support skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong system thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills. Strong command of G-Suite and Google Sites preferred
- Experience using knowledge management systems
- Ability to evaluate and administer, as appropriate, knowledge management technologies
- Demonstrated ability to develop/design new systems and/or approaches in the knowledge management space
- Academic and/or professional background in library sciences preferred
- Able to work independently, flexibly and responsively
- Able to prioritize to meet deadlines and adapt to changing conditions
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Professional fluency in Spanish, French or Portuguese a plus
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With five decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.