EnCompass LLC is seeking a Learning Associate to provide proactive, customer-focused administrative, programmatic and technical support to the Learning and Leadership Development teams. This person is highly organized, detail-oriented, responsive, and can coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, with an interest in adult learning and training evaluation.
The position is based at EnCompass Rockville, Maryland headquarters. The Associate will be expected to work from client sites in the Washington, D.C. metro area, as needed.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Lead coordination of the following:
- Training needs assessments and evaluation systems, including planning processes, interview and focus group discussion scheduling, and survey administration
- Maintaining SharePoint project records and knowledge management (KM) systems
- Activity tasks and assignments tracking according to work plan and budget
- Communications with EnCompass’ team members, clients, and business partners
- Materials production and quality control for learning and leadership development programs in Washington, D.C. and internationally
- Logistics for professional training and organizational development events in Washington, D.C. and internationally
- Technical support for AdobeConnect, WebEx, or Zoom sessions
- Support senior team members in the range of training evaluation activities, including:
- Training needs assessment and evaluation planning (Levels 1-3 evaluation: reaction, learning, and behavior)
- Development of measurable learning objectives and rubrics to measure these
- Document reviews and design of data collection instruments, including focus group discussions, semi-structured interviews, online surveys, and direct observation tools
- Note-taking during interviews and/or focus group discussions
- Conducting interviews and/or administering surveys
- Coding and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data using a variety of software programs
- Technical report- and evaluation report- writing
- Support senior team members with instructional design activities
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of experience
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 1-year post-academic experience engaging in training evaluation activities
- Ability to work in an appreciative environment, focusing on one’s own strengths and that of one’s colleagues and clients
- Ability to communicate and collaborate respectfully and appreciatively across cultures and with individuals at all levels
- Previous training evaluation planning, instrument development, data collection, data analysis, data interpretation, and report writing experience
- Proficiency with qualitative and/or quantitative analysis using software, especially Excel
- Proficiency with survey and data visualization packages, including SurveyMonkey
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with the Kirkpatrick 4-Levels of Training Evaluation Model desired
- Familiarity with e-learning tools, virtual Instructor-Led Trainings (vILT) on Adobe Connect, and other online instructional products is a plus
- Strong technical and English communication (verbal and written) skills
- Self-motivated, problem-solver, attentive to details, and strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter at https://encompassworld.com/careers-and-consulting/.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.