Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
The Jordan Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Activity is seeking a Local Economic Development Researcher for a targeted assessment of the current and potential future economic benefits of a municipal economic development (LED) intervention implemented by the Cities Implementing Transparent, Innovative, and Effective Solutions (USAID/CITIES). The intervention includes support to municipalities and governorates for LED initiatives. In addition, it also includes, but is not limited to, municipal public financial management technical assistance, governorate and municipal development planning, feasibility studies, master economic development planning, and small projects support.
The anticipated period of performance for the assessment is September to November 2020 (field work may be delayed because of Covid19). The position is available immediately once granted USAID approval.
Jordan Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Activity assists USAID/Jordan to create a dynamic learning environment among development actors that is focused on innovation, quality, and knowledge sharing. The purpose of the assessment is to identify and to present an analysis of the macro- and micro-economic benefits and costs of systematic LED work implemented by USAID CITIES, so as to inform the future design of LED engagements in Jordan.
The Local Economic Development Researcher will assist the Assessment and Public/Municipal Finance Subject Matter Expert with data collection, analysis and data interpretation. She/He will specialize in economic growth, planning, human resource development, or public administration and development topics, and will have strong research, analytical and interview skills. Research will include reading, interpreting and providing summary reports of Arabic language materials, designing and conducting interviews, and focus group discussions, both facilitating and note taking. She/He will also assist with data collection and transcripts, as needed. The Local Economic Development Researcher will also assist with logistics and administrative tasks, including arranging lodging, transportation, meeting and work space (as needed), and setting appointments, and supporting the team with business center support (e.g. copying, internet, and printing). The LED Researcher will have a strong command of English and Arabic. She/He will also assist the Team and the Logistics Coordinator, as needed. She/He will report to the Team Lead.
- At least 4 years of experience in research and data collection and implementation (conducting interviews, and focus group discussions, both facilitating and note taking)
- Masters or PhD in Political Science, Planning, or Public Administration preferred
- Familiarity with M&E, economic growth, and development topics, as well as previous experience with USAID evaluations preferred
- Experience with data collection (qualitative and quantitative) and transcripts
- Able to collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience using analytic software
- Experience conducting secondary analysis of existing quantitative and economic/financial datasets
- Able to review, interpret and reanalyze as needed existing data pertinent to the assessment
- Strong data interpretation and presentation skills
- Able to manage the logistics and administrative tasks
- Native Arabic speaker, with strong written and spoken English
- Strong writing skills, including experience writing evaluations and/or assessment reports
- Jordanian citizen preferred
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.