Local Mid- to Senior-level Education Specialist, USAID MEERS, Morocco
USAID has contracted Social Impact to conduct a variety of multi-country research and technical support activities pertinent to the Middle East and North Africa to address the most pressing issues in the education sector. In particular, these research activities will:
- Investigate ways to mitigate the effects of the various ongoing crises in the region and their impact on the education sector; in addition to supporting ongoing programmatic technical needs to improve the quality and relevance of education in the region.
- Gather relevant and updated information and develop durable solutions that increase both equitable access to and quality of safe education opportunities for all children and youth affected by the crisis or in vulnerable circumstances.
- Support strategic thinking for professional development and programming, and develop and train USAID staff and partners on demanded technical support needs.
Conduct an analysis of existing digital platforms currently owned by the Moroccan Government. This will involve examining the existing Centre Nationale d’Innovation Pédagogique (CNIPE) online platforms, and the capacity, in terms of both human resources and technology, at the Direction du Système d’Information (DSI).
The objective is to clearly lay out the current status of the MOE’s digital platform for learning to discern capabilities, or gaps and recommendations to enable the MOE to adopt a blended learning approach for pre-service teacher training. This analysis will thus support the Higher Education Partnership-Morocco (HEP-M) activity, and ultimately the MOE, to develop their strategy for building digital education capacity in the Moroccan basic and higher education systems.
Social Impact is seeking a Mid- to Senior-level Education Specialist for an exploratory USAID study on the current technical capabilities of the Moroccan Ministry of Education (MOE) to support distance learning as a means of supporting primary level teachers. This project is scheduled to begin in April and will extend as late as September 2020.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Moroccan citizenship, who are based in Morocco, will be considered.**
- Facilitate contact with key MOE stakeholders for key informant interviews and data gathering.
- Conduct in-person or phone interviews with relevant MOE contacts and accurately relay detailed information to distance education expert and other study team members.
- Assist in the writing of the written report for USAID on the technical and human capabilities of the Centre National d’Innovation Pédagogique (CNIPE) and the Direction du Système d’Information (DSI).
- Undertake other tasks as requested in support of project deliverables.
- Master’s degree in education, adult learning, instructional design, or a related field required.
- Minimum of six to eight years of monitoring and evaluation experience on projects in the education sector.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Strong familiarity with the structure and operations of the Moroccan Ministry of Education (MOE).
- Flexibility and ability to travel (locally – in Rabat); experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Experience with e-learning tools, job aids/performance support tools, online platforms, and other learning products.
- Ability to interface with a variety of US and foreign government stakeholders.
- Excellent writing, presentation and analytical skills.
- Oral and written fluency in English and Arabic.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.